back to article Groupon monstered in OFT complaints probe

Groupon will change the way it does business in Blighty after the Office of Fair Trading concluded a lengthy investigation into the company, which trades as MyCityDeal Ltd. The consumer watchdog kicked off a probe into Groupon in July following a high number of complaints from consumers about the "daily deals" firm's claims in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andrew Moore
    Thumb Down

They also need to add...

"when someone unsubscribes from you service- stop sending them further emails"

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

buy snake oil

Under a different name, it still snake oil you end up with.

2. jonathanb Silver badge
    WTF?

Not much of a deterrent

After a couple of years of ignoring the ASA when they tell them they are very naughty and they shouldn't do it again; the OFT tells them the same thing in a slightly sterner voice.

3. Tim Elphick
    Pirate

I don't mind Groupon.

We probably buy some things we shouldn't really, but I've never had a problem. I even had a holiday to Portugal last week. It's fair that they should be honest and responsible in their offers, but from what I see it's largely about verifying the offers from the advertisers, vendors or whatever they are.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

they are always

crap offers here unless you like to get waxed, however last months holiday offer small print....

'offer is subject to flying to the holiday destination in 30 February 2012.'

4. Robert E A Harvey

Feeble regulation

There is some wooliness in most things on that list, ut when we come to

"Groupon applies refunds policies and cancellation rights in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations."

That seems to have been a demonstrable breach of law that should have been prosecuted, not discussed.

This topic is closed for new posts.