back to article Price-comparison site: OCZ reviews 'questionable'

Austrian price comparison site Geizhals has flagged up reviews of OCZ's flash products on its site as suspicious. Geizhals said there had been a sudden positive spike in the reviews of OCZ's flash products. Geizhals manager Yannikos Marinos told Heise Online (German, auto-translated to English) that 55 products had been given …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Cosmo
    Coat

Sounds to me as if...

...someone at OCZ has OCD!

2. My Alter Ego
    FAIL

Really don't get it.

I've only bought 2 SSDs, a Kingston V100 SSDNow & and OCZ Vertex 2, but I'm much happier with the Vertex 2, as it actually Trims empty sectors unlike the V100.

They appear to have pretty good products so why make themselves look like dicks by creating dodgy reviews. Oh yes, I forgot, it was probably some marketing droid incapable of engaging their brain.

3. BristolBachelor Gold badge
    Joke

"Furthermore OCZ is immediately conducting our own internal investigation to address this and determine why the reviews weren't automatically routed from a group of different IP addresses that are not registered to us if and how this was possible, and will take all necessary actions to resolve this issue. We greatly value our customers and their product satisfaction is our highest priority.

It's funny, when I selected the text, it seems that there was hidden, deleted text also in the pdf...

1. Tom 35

Marketing ...

Just like my old job, I went to the marketing manager and told him one of his staff was sending spam... No it's not spam, it's an email blast.

He was very upset when we were blacklisted (as I warned him) for spamming...

But tell them it's not spam! they can't block us.

4. Dave Ashe
    FAIL

OCZ higher than average failure rate

The reason they have to post their own "reviews" could be something to do with the 1000's of complaints that their SSD's brick after only a few months of usage.

I had the same experience, OCZ Vertex II dead after only 6 months of usage. Avoid!

Whats the point in RMA'ing this disk now? It will crash in another few months..

Luckily I had a backup and only lost a few photos.

1. Danny 14

Re: OCZ higher than average failure rate

indeed. And it is usually the same issue (I had a fine one night bricked the next vertex 2). However, kick up a stink and they will change it for a vertex 3 - they swapped mine on the 3rd RMA (I'll find the forum thread, and mine wasnt the only one!)

5. Jay Croghan
    Unhappy

What has this to do with Trip Advisor?

I tried looking for an article about Trip Advisor and can't find one!

6. Kinetic
    Unhappy

I had my first drive brick after 6 months, the second Vertex II is going fine after about a year. The OCZ memory on the other hand went unstable after about a year (took me a while to track the problem down, blamed the new disk for a while) , RMA'd it ...... silence they just took the memory and never sent anything back. I'd bought some cheapo RAM in the meantime, so I've not bothered chasing it. I'd had enough. Just wont buy their stuff anymore.

7. heyrick Silver badge

"a basically good company has these blots on its record"

You base this opinion upon what?

Call my cynical if you wish, but I don't feel a "basically good company" would need to resort to these sorts of tricks.

8. Platinumjsi

People seem to have forgotten the whole issue with there memory paid for reviews back in the day, OCZ defiantly has a lot of blots on its record.

This topic is closed for new posts.