New feature

This topic was created by Trevor_Pott .

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Trevor_Pott Gold badge
    Headmaster

New feature

Apparently, there is a "send corrections" link at the bottom of articles now. I am both intrigued and terrified. Pedants will consume my soul.
    1. TeeCee Gold badge

Surely pedants will now quietly mail your risible errata to you rather than waving them around publicly in the associated comments? You'll only get a tsunami of pedantry if you're a tad slow with the fixage.

Actually, what'll really happen is that it'll still get posted as a comment, deleted by the moderator and quietly corrected, as it has since time immemorial.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re:

Well TeeCee ... it is already paying dividends. We have been experimenting with a hybrid moderation system whereby most commenters are trusted to have their posts published unseen by us.

This is good for speed and workload but bad for responding to typo spotters.

So this feature helps us to refine auto-modding as well as making lives easier for our production guys.

1. TeeCee Gold badge
          Happy

It makes eminent sense to me. Back in the day I used to use the "contact the author" function to do this. Shortly after the comments system turned up, that became a "mailto". Reading at work that fires off a mail using my work email address, rather than the one you know and love. Being a lazy sod, I took to posting cockups rather than mailing 'em to save myself the few minutes of fannying around with a webmail service.

When the form came back I sort of stuck in my newly-accustomed rut. Now we have an official oopsies form I'll use that.

This topic is closed for new posts.