back to article Japanese boffins fear virus nicked spacecraft blueprints

Japanese space engineers have admitted one of their computers has been infected by a Trojan that may have leaked sensitive data, including system login information, to hackers. The breach also exposed blueprints stored in the attacked terminal, according to a statement by the Japanese Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA). …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. b166er

In an environment as sensitive as the one this PC was in, 'cleaning up' is simply not good enough.

They should have nuked the fucker from orbit!

1. andy mcandy
      Mushroom

gotta take off first, before nuking the site from orbit

1. VeganVegan
        Pirate

will

low orbit ion cannon be satisfactory?

2. Arnold Lieberman
    Trollface

"Red flag"

I like what you did there!

3. Mako

...removed from the agency's network as soon as a *red flag* was raised over its erratic behaviour

Heh-heh.

4. Miek
    FAIL

I guess they are running Windoze. FAIL for obvious reasons.

5. tmTM

no-one askedq

Why the same pc keeps getting infected, who is using it and what are they up to?

6. NoneSuch Silver badge

Cannot blame the Chinese. They NEED those plans to get to their new planned Moon base.

Oops. Did I say that out loud?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Won't happen, the Nazis got there first.

7. CASIOMS-8V

Don't play games with me your higness

I want those plans, and you have them

8. FunkyEric
    Coat

Well

At least no-ones blaming apple for this one.....

Yes, that's me getting my coat as I leave....

9. chris lively
    FAIL

Okay, the machine started "acting up" and some support guy used his skilz to "clean it up". They did not, at that time, detect the real problem.

4+ months later, same machine, same issue. Now they figure out that sometime 5 to 6 months BEFORE this second issue occurred there was a break in.

Interesting. Sounds to me like the support guy didn't really do anything to begin with (windows restore anyone?), because if he had it would have required restoring a lot of back ups to figure out the original issue.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like