back to article Lindy wireless extender and projection server

CES 2012 Week With the demise of the traditional overhead projector, conference rooms and the like are typically found equipped with a multitude of easily accessible and switchable AV inputs for hassle-free presentations. Yet not all facilities offer cabling contentment and for the poorly-wired projectionist, the Lindy …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Voland's right hand Silver badge
    Devil

Interesting...

Close, but no cigar.

I was hoping that someone has figured out how to redirect the video output of Android. Nope. Not even close. It can show slides and stuff, but not the screen itself. Boooga...

That is not particularly surprising as this would require OS support and I do not recall anything along these lines in the Android manuals.

2. Mage Silver badge

65%

Your kidding right?

I'd give it 10% based on your review.

1. SYNTAX__ERROR
      Headmaster

Yes

that is indeed my kidding right, can I have it back please?

3. Ryan Clark
    Thumb Down

I was hoping for that price that the projector was built in, that would be good.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dont know what world you're living in

'With the demise of the traditional overhead projector,'

Not from what I've seen. Most work laptops still only have a VGA connection, and no matter what client I go and see it's still the old faithful projector that we have to connect, to even in fancy new offices.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

hmm

if you're connecting a laptop to it, it isn't an overhead projector. OHP's require your presentation to be printed on slides (altho there were some gizmo's to make digital slides for OHP's that you'd copnnect to, IIRC).

5. nichomach

£500

...is a lot of wedge for something which can best be described as marginally functional at best. I have to agree with Mage, especially if one factors value in.

6. H0gwam
    Coat

Timewarp?

I've had one of these for 3yrs - load of crap, you'd be better off paying for a pro cabling install for the money. Having to use an additional program to stream video is a joke, and even then the audio works only when it fancies.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Can't do powerpoint transitions?

Then you need to give it 0% and say avoid like the plague. Someone needs to give Lindy some honest feedback, the main La Registe site is not averse to putting the boot in, perhaps they can lend you some minerals

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Can't do powerpoint transitions?

since powerpoint transitions mostly seem pointlessly distracting, one might claim that this is a good thing (or would be, if the Lindy made them seamlessly disappear rather than glitching)

1. Darryl

Yes, but in the real world, if you drop £500 of your company's money on this and the CEO can't view his Powerpoints the way he wants, there will be trouble...

8. Lee Goetsch

This one is more appealing with VGA and HDMI - http://www.edimax.com/en/produce_detail.php?pd_id=284&pl1_id=16&pl2_id=77

1. SYNTAX__ERROR
      Alert

Experience with Edimax products...

Don't touch 'em with a very long poking device.

Shoddy build quality; horrendous software; non-existent documentation; unimplemented advertised features; inexplicable behaviour including random crashes and so on.

If there's any other alternative then take it!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like