back to article Scammers punt bogus pink Facebook makeover

The latest survey scam doing the rounds on Facebook works by falsely offering to change the profile of prospective marks from blue to red, black or shocking pink. Typical lures state: “Switch to Pink Facebook (Limited Time!) [LINK] Say goodbye to the boring blue profile and say hello to the pink profile!!” If users follow …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Richard Gadsden

Pink Facebook

OK, so why isn't there a userscript to implement pink facebook yet?

2. TeeCee Gold badge

Survey scams.

We need a simple campaign. Just ask people to remember while filling in an online survey to fill in rubbish answers to all the demographic questions and then answer the rest truthfully.

Makes no odds to them, they'll still get their prize (or not, as is more usual), but it will render the results useless and this sort of thing'll disappear in short order.

Bonus here is that it'll also piss on the picnic of the marketing weasels who pay for survey results with no questions asked along with the scammers.......

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I can only hope these brightly-coloured homepages stay a distant nightmare

Anyone remember MySpace?

1. Gav

My what?

Nope.

4. Graham Marsden
    Coat

I'm a pink facebook...

... you're a blue facebook...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Is your 1st name Alan?

Your refererences to colours means you must be Alan Hanson, and I claim my £5 you racist...

5. Wize

Every day I'm commenting on at least one person's post to tell them

No plug in will let you see who viewed your page.

The virus you posted about is fake.

There is no child in need of a new kidney which will be helped by spreading your status everywhere.

or some such nonsense like this.

And why is it always 70% of people who "won't repost this status" no matter what the cause is they are trying to promote?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So Facebook users are stupid, what else is new?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like