back to article Ex-Intel engineer now AMD strategy chief

The new AMD CEO Rory Read is getting close to building the executive team that he intends to take into battle against archrival Intel with the appointment of Rajan Naik as senior vice president and chief strategy officer. A year ago, former AMD CEO Dirk Meyer was shown the door. Intel's gadfly in the x86 chip space, and Nvidia …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

correction

"Lucent Technologies, the spinout of Bell Laboratories from AT&T that has subsequently been merged with Alcatel and renamed . . . Bell Laboratories."

Lucent Technologies did not just consist of Bell Laboratories when AT&T was split up but it did include the research labs. When Lucent T merged with Alcatel, the resulting company was (is) called Alcatel-Lucent and it still includes a research entity called Bell Labs (I think).

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Naik is in for a large does of reality

I'll bet life at AMD is a whole lot different than at Intel. Best of luck chap as you're gonna need it. AMD has a lot of potential but GloFo and TSMC need to get their act together if AMD is to grow and prosper.

1. admiraljkb
      Joke

@AC - Monday 9th January 2012 18:57 GMT

The bad part of AMD having spun off GloFo, is after GloFo misses a critical date and the AMD CEO has just had the bad press conference apologising for the slip, the AMD CEO can't just walk down the hall and throttle one of their own VP's for it ... :) Ah the hazards of outsourcing...

I'm thinking they need to have hired Vader instead though. He seemed to have done a good job getting Death Star II "back on schedule". ;)

3. Rocketman
    Alien

Simple Win For AMD

I think since Bell Labs is involved, didn't someone mention Bell Labs? Since Bell Labs is involved I think Mr. Read should bring in a alien advisor so AMD can make a come back.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like