back to article Facebook's 'Darwinian' nature keeps users safe - Irish gov

Facebook's handling of its user data in Ireland is legitimate, the Irish data protection commissioner's office said today. The DPA released a 149-page audit report detailing the outcome of a privacy inspection carried out by the information commission in Ireland. “The audit has found a positive approach and commitment on the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart
    Holmes

Squeal like a pig boy

A spokes person for the Irish data protection commissioner announced: “This was a challenging engagement both for my Office and for Facebook Ireland. The audit has found a positive approach and commitment on the part of FB-I to routing $10bn of turnover through FB-I and making the Irish GDP look better than it actually is, that’s why we only took $5.6 m in corporation tax for 2010, despite FB-I reporting more than $10bn turnover. If it wasn’t for multi-nationals not paying tax in Ireland our balance of payments and GDP would look worse than Greece’s. We are always delighted to bend over and squeal like a pig[1] for multi-nationals”

[1] reference to the film 'Deliverance'

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

What other companies do you want to tax on Turnover? Tesco? WH Smith? News International? Better yet, how about all those big firms in the City that turn over trillions?

1. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart

You miss my point entirely, the Irish gruberment investigate a company that routes vast amount of money through an Irish subsidiary, thereby inflating the Irish gdp, and find nothing wrong. During the celtic tiger years the Irish government debt remained relatively constant however the gdp/debt ratio fell due to the rise in gdp.

The comparison with wh smith and others is also a bit silly as you are not comparing like with like, for example wh smith don’t sell a book in their high wycombe branch and then claim that they made the profit in Ireland

2. TwistUrCapBack
    Stop

facebook == t0ss

best way to ensure you private information isnt shared by facebook

=

Dont give facebook your effing private information.

god dam

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

darwinian?

Survival of the "fittest."

"Fittest" meaning "that which can survive," not the healthiest or any other particular factor adaptation, a judgement which can only be made afterwards, to account for the unexpected.

So it is the "survival of those which survived."

Nonsense.

1. Francis Boyle Silver badge

Put that simply

the idea is tautologous nonsense. But, of course, you've put it too simply. Put simply, but not too simply, the idea is something like: "the survival of organisms with inheritable traits that allow individuals to survive long enough to have sufficient offspring to ensure those traits survive. That may be beyond your ability to understand but it isn't nonsense.

Now, can we get back to talking about how crap Facebook is.

4. Winkypop Silver badge
    Facepalm

Sorry

I quickly lost interest once I read the name 'Facebook'.

<-- rubbing sleep from eyes....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Sorry

The name "Facebook" is the first word in the link to this article on the front page.

Just out of interest, if the name "Facebook" causes you to lose interest, how is it that you didn't simply skip the article at that point rather than choosing to click through into it and then futhermore proceeding to take the trouble to leave a comment about how you weren't interested in it for the benefit of undoubtedly-fascinated posterity?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like