back to article El Reg takes man for romantic weekend for two at Intel chip factory

So what do you get when you enter a competition on the Reg? The leftovers from the Cash and Carrion bin? Whatever unboxed review kit we’ve managed to hide from the courier? Or a cracking weekend for two in a luxury hotel in one of the world’s liveliest cities, with a trip to Europe’s most advanced chip factory thrown in. For …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Thomas 4
    Trollface

"which is rated even more highly than the average Andrew Orlowski story on The Register"

Not exactly a glowing endorsement then.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Nothing to see

No photos of the prize winner in the fab with their thumbs aloft? No actual details about the facility or photos of the facility (the bits we might be allowed to see, not the secret stuff obviously).

A bit of a pointless article really.

3. CynicalOptimist
    Joke

healthy lunch?

I suppose baked chips are healthier than deep fried.

4. edward wright
    Pint

$0.5M

I thought if you held a wafer with your bare hands in a normal room, it was by definition ruined and worthless. Those shiny things they show off are just the duds I reckon.

Pint due to the location, of course.

5. TeeCee Gold badge
    Pint

"..taking in the sites of the city on the Liffey..."

I believe that this is more commonly known as; "Getting properly wankered on Guiness."

6. Zmodem

guess the question wasnt : what is intels name

a: intel

b: dave

c: intel

7. John 62
    Flame

Which Tayto?

Were those southern Tayto crisps? You actually want the ones from Tandragee up North. Now that's a factory tour worth taking!

This topic is closed for new posts.