back to article WD My Passport Studio 1TB external hard drive

Despite the prevalence of online sync'n'store services like Dropbox, and of cheap USB thumb drives, fast, high-capacity hard drives are still favoured by those who need to store photographs, video or large graphics files. A full back-up of your computer's hard drive is beyond those lesser forms of storage than external hard …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jeremyjh
    FAIL

But on WD's UK store...

...the 1TB drive is advertised at £109.99 on the homepage, but is £149.99 in the product listing.

2. Gene Cash Silver badge
    FAIL

Still wouldn't trust it

Hm. I had one of the My Passport 500GB drives, and my eyeglasses slid off the PC and fell on it, and it instantly died. It immediately fell off the USB bus and started making a clicking sound. I could never get it to mount again.

Maybe the enhanced case is because the 1TB ones are even more fragile?

3. I_am_Chris

Wot. No thunderbolt?

Surely they've missed a trick there. What with Airs not having Firewire and the high CPU load of USB, that's a glaring omission. FAIL!

4. Jason Hindle

Indeed, no Thunderbolt

And no USB 3 either by the looks of it. They sell a cheaper 1TB Passport that does USB 3 (bought one for £89 last week, not that USB 3 is much use to me at the moment). If it's Thunderbolt you're after, once Belkin's dock arrives, at lest the drive reviewed does Firewire.......

5. Sim

no usb3?

why not ? is this old stock?

1. jonathanb Silver badge

It is a Mac drive, and Macs don't have USB3.

6. Kubla Cant
    WTF?

Nice, but

Why is it called My Passport Studio? Stupidest name since "Walkman".

It's not a studio, nor is it something that manipulates images or sounds int the way you might in a studio. I suppose its small size might be valuable if you live in a studio flat, but that seems pretty tenuous

And it's not a passport, either literally or metaphorically.

7. Mermaid Dick
    FAIL

USB 2.0?

Enough said.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like