back to article Microsoft! among! suitors! hungry! for! small! bite! of! Yahoo!

Yahoo! has taken bids for a less than 20 per cent stake in the firm, to supply the ailing web company with cash while avoiding a shareholder vote. A group of investors including private equity firm Silver Lake and one-time suitor Microsoft have offered around $16.60 a share for the stake, people with knowledge of the matter …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. your handle is already taken
    Unhappy

For the love of God please quit the ! after every word in Yahoo! articles.</eom>

The post is required, and must contain letters.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

For the love of God please stop posting about the humorous ! afer every word in Yahoo articles

I! Like! Them!

1. Scorchio!!

Re: For the love of God please stop posting about the humorous ! afer every word in Yahoo articles

"I! Like! Them!"

So! do! I! A! useful! conversation! piece! A! way! of! stirring! up! the! moaners! !

2. Gary F

Yahoo? Hmm...

Oh yes, I remember Yahoo. What are they doing these days? Anything at all?

1. dogged

I think they still handle consumer email for BT and have a messenger client, but that's pretty much it.

I'm not sure why any buyer would want them.

3. CmdrX3
    Childcatcher

Grab your zimmer frame Yahoo! You time is almost up

I wouldn't give them 15p per share. Yahoo's day and come and gone and they certainly fucked up when they rejected the Microsoft offer. I had Yahoo messenger installed on my PC at one point with about 30 to 40 contacts on it. the last time I was signed in on it (quite a while ago) there was one of them online. Yahoo is really nothing more than a pointless leftover from the dot com boom that failed to keep up with the times. It's like a desperate old uncle trying to cling on to it's youth and wanting to stay cool and hang with the kids when in reality it's just getting old, tired and wrinkled. I doubt there is any fountain of youth waiting for Yahoo!!!!!.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like