back to article Storage minnow Infortrend is growing up... fast

What is it with Infortrend? We can't carry on placing it as a minor league player when it adds auto-tiering just weeks after adding SSD support. Infortrend is a Taiwan-based disk array supplier to small and medium businesses, and one of its main products is the ESVA, Enterprise Scalable Virtual Array, a Fibre Channel or iSSI- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. defiler

I like Infortrend, but...

I like them because they offered a decent-spec RAID6 iSCSI enclosure years ago when I was first in the market for one. Dirt-cheap with 3.5" SATA drives, but the iSCSI controller is a bit slow.

I got another one with a U320 SCSI connector, and that beast flies! Excellent investment for D2D backups.

My problem is that spare parts take up to 2 weeks to arrive. I had the U320 controller die, and really struggled for backups (small shop, and a bit hard to justify keeping a spare).

I daresay by now the iSCSI controller speed will have been sorted, so if they can keep the parts chain topped up they're well worth a look. In fact, I got a SAS one for a different company, and it's a great box. It was only the parts situation that made me recommend an HP (DotHill) box for their live storage.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like