back to article Facebook denies silent stalking of punters (again)

Facebook has once again been forced to defend its use of cookies after a German watchdog said it was "suspicious" that the dominant social network was creating tracking profiles of its users without seeking their consent to do so. The company denied it was slurping such data from its stalkerbase as claimed by the Hamburg data …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tom 38

we delete or anonymise this information within 90 days

So you track them for 90 days then? That's different to not tracking at all.

2. Winkypop Silver badge
    Trollface

"stalkerbase"

Ooops, what a give away!

3. Frank Bitterlich
    Big Brother

Translation

Facebookian: "Facebook does not track users across the web. Instead, we use cookies ... to personalise content , ... Measure click-through rate, ...Keeping underage kids from trying to signup with a different age".

English: "We don't track you. We just record, measure, analyze and store what you do."

4. Rovindi

So...

"we delete or anonymise this information within 90 days..."

Which is it then? remove or use? Big difference, I`d say.

5. kiwimuso
    WTF?

Hey Facebook! And other similar idiot companies out there.

I have news for you. I don't actually want to be told what my friends are doing. If I want to to know what they are doing I have the means to go and find out. Maybe even a telephone call!!

I find it extremely irksome that you would presume to know what I want sent to me.

Ditto Google with 'personalised ads'.

If I want something I go and look for it. Because I looked for a particular item once, doesn't mean that I continually want to be offered similar (in your view, anyway) items.

In short, "Fuck off and when I want something, I'll ask!"

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like