The best phone I ever had
This phone is fantastic, in fact it is the best I ever had and I think it deserves 85% or 90%.
Let's begin with the negatives as everything else is very positive:
- no microSD card reader. This is a bane shared by all Windows Phones (I think) and there isn't a single valid reason why it is so. Although to be fair I am far away from using the whole 16GB (yet).
- Some WP7.5 applications are only working in certain countries. I was disappointed to discover I couldn't use the name that song app in Switzerland.
- The 3 standard WP7.5 are too far apart for my small hand. Although the Titan is big, I use it with only one hand. unfortunately I have difficulty pushing the back button with my thumb.
Almost everything else. here are highlights:
- It is a great phone. Yes as a basic phone it is very good with good sound etc.
- It is gorgeous
- Space is used optimally, there is very little space that isn't screen
- It is really nice to handle, even with only one hand.
- The screen is great
- It is very responsive
- The battery is fine. Yes I would like a battery that lasts a week but it hasn't been developed yet.
- There is much much to like about WP7.5. It is amazing how much thought went in the OS and weeks later I still discover nice touches (such as very small HTML list being rendered as very nice big list when choosing).
- As a work phone it is fantastic. Integration with pop3, cloud/exchange, office, skydrive, linked in and so forth is formidable.
- I never had a better typing experience. The fact that keyboards are multilingual is a boon and I regularly switch between EN FR and GE.
- The only big wishlist point, as for many SkyDrive users is, although it is perfectly integrated with Skydrive (hello fantastic attachment/photo management) is that it can't be used as a full Skydrive Synced Folders sync partner. My Skydrive Synced Folders are synced among all my computers, and it would be great if WP7.6 phone could also.
-As a social phone, it is fantastic and the best. The integration with facebook, twitter, outlook and so forth is second to none. Only missing is better flicker integration.
- Group functionalities are great
- As a web browsing phone it is great. I am reading everyday during commute time and the big screen is really great. A surprisingly large amount of pages are either optimized for it (msnbc, engadget, ...) or look great and I just read a blog that was completely WP7 aware. I'm not sure if it was this specific blog or if all wordpress blogs look great on Mango.
I wish it would automatically zoom 1 column wide in multi-column layouts, and I wish it would be possible to put an adblocker but who knows perhaps in the future.
- I also wish that TomTom would sell a Navigator app but I'm crossing my fingers for the future free Nokia Mapping app.
All in all I highly recommend this phone. It is my first new gen Windows Phone (I used to have WP5 phone) and Mango is a fantastic piece of software.