back to article Japan's Parliament, defense contractor, pierced by hackers

Sensitive data belonging to 480 lawmakers and their staff may have been exposed for more than a month, after computers in Japan's Parliament were infected by malware, it was widely reported on Tuesday. The data-stealing trojan compromised computers used by three members of the Lower House, and possibly a server, The New York …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Eduard Coli
    Trollface

It's the old Cold War all new again

With all of this PRC chicanery why hasn't anyone taken them to task at the UN?

Oh, I know why, the UN is basically useless, especially at preventing acts of war.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Facepalm

Dear Sir.

You may have noticed that the UN is not currently in the business in preventing acts of war but instead is wheeled out from the garage whenever a justification for a "western and/or coalition" act of rank aggression has to be engineered from scratch. Currently the baby blue tool is being oiled up for hot Iran Action I hear.

The PRC is as of now least "to be taken to task" (i.e. berated by La Clinton) for anything.

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Recently

..a UK government minister "disposed" secret documents in a park in London:

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/0,1518,791770,00.html

..a high-ranking intel German officer used his iPhone to insult another state officer in Germany:

http://www.taz.de/!78740/

..the US state department "lost" 250000" confidential and/or secret messages (aka Cablegate).

Can somebody educate these clowns ?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's part of the preparation for invading Taiwan if the China-friendly party there doesn't win the presidential election.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

sounds like people handling sensitive, internal and confidential information are in greater need of security awareness training than ever..

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like