back to article Toshiba Qosmio X770 17.3in 3D gaming notebook

When Toshiba UK announced the launch of the Qosmio X770 3D – a new gaming laptop with stereoscopic 3D graphics and a 17.3in HD screen, I immediately thought: could this be an Alienware killer? Toshiba has been said to lag behind other manufacturers when it comes to high-end gaming laptops, but after spending time with the X770 I …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. DS 1

Fail

Someone needs to tell the design teams at all these companies making Laptops that can game - STOP making the goddamn cursor keys small. These keys need to be viably big and chunky on a gaming rig.

1. Citizen Kaned

eh?

cursor keys stop being used about 20 years ago didnt they? WASD rules them all now...

2. Blarkon

Great if you need to fry an egg

I've got a previous verision Qosmio and it looks like this one suffers the same problem - they just haven't designed it to effectively dissipate the heat it generates. I also have one of the monster sized ASUS gaming laptops that looks like it has big thrusters out the back. Say what you will about its aesthetics, the damn thing knows how to dump heat in a way that the Qosmio does not.

3. Colin Millar

Laptop/desktop

One reason why a lot of people want laptops is multiple location usage - not necessarily usage on the move.

1. Crofty616

Indeed, a lot of people seem to make this assumption.

When people buy gaming laptops such as this one its to be a desktop replacement.

You can move from place to place easily, no separate tower, no big monitor, everything just there.

If you want a light laptop to look at websites for hours your not going to be buying a £1700 gaming laptop. I don't see why people put its size as a valid down side in these reviews.

4. Phil 44

Keyboard controls - cursors? how about c64 style?

I used O, P, A and Z back in the day :)

1. Citizen Kaned

i had a bbc model b, for me it was

Z,X and .: and space

5. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Personally

I use a full size keyboard and my mouse plugged into my gaming lappy....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like