back to article Cyberspy attacks targeting Russians traced back to UK and US

Security researchers at Trend Micro have discovered a sophisticated cyberspy network geared towards attacking systems in Russia and neighbouring countries. Cyberespionage efforts against either human rights activists or high-tech Western firms have been going on for a few years. Examples include the Operation Aurora attacks …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Those villains - I mean these villains

I am deeply shocked to learn of this disgraceful conduct evidently committed by ourselves, and Iicall upon international authorities to pursue us unrelentingly, and to stop at nothing until we are brought to justice. Stern, unswerving enforcement of the law is the only language that my people understand.

I feel very confused now.

2. kain preacher

It's a mistake. It must be from China. America would never do any thing like that. The UK would only do some thing like that if America ordered it. Yep it's the Israelis .

3. Inachu
    Meh

Face/Palm

Script Kiddies VS Script Kiddies = pure fail

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hosted in UK != UK attack

As lots of companies now actively block access to Chinese and Russian IP addresses it makes sense for any attacker to use a UK (or US) based command host. In those instances it doesn't necessarily follow that the attack was from UK or US agencies (although I wouldn't be in the least surprised if it was).

5. Arctic fox
    Trollface

"...reluctant to speculate on who might be behind the attack or their motives..."

Funny how such people never seem in any way reluctant when they think the Chinese are involved hmm?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like