back to article Yahoo! apologizes for blocking Wall Street protest emails

Yahoo! has admitted that its email filters were blocking news of the ongoing occupation of Wall Street by activists, which is now in its fourth day. An investigation by Think Progress found that emails containing a link to the OccupyWallSt.org website – which contains the latest updates on the protest – were being bounced back …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I guess the story here is more about how little coverage this has gotten in the mainstream media.

1. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart
      Big Brother

Well of course the mainstream media didn't report it, after all they only like to show turban* wearing Muslim terrorists** burning american flags in far away places, much easier to bomb foreigners.

But 'merkins protesting outside the ministry of plenty in wall street, nope the ministry of truth won't like that .

* yeah I know, Sikhs wear turbans not Muslims, but it's a convenient image with which to brainwash the proles

** or people that can portray as Muslim terrorists i.e. somewhere with a lot of sand and no McDonalds.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

@ "...they only like to show turban wearing Muslim terrorists..."

Many IRA bomb threats in the UK have been kept quiet from the masses to reduce the effect of the terrorists. The same will probably happen with the self igniting backpack brigade.

2. Microphage

how little coverage

> I guess the story here is more about how little coverage this has gotten in the mainstream media.

-

I have to confess, this `occupation' is totally news to me too. What's the odds on the entire free press in the west choosing not to carry this story.

-

"Protesters attempt to clog Wall Street‎ New Zealand Herald" - 4 hours ago

-

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10753572

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

a donation of PSPs plus Monster Hunter would go long way with this guys.

3. Solomon Grundy
    Meh

Huh. I didn't even know this was a thing. If blocked Yahoo! stopped their movement then I'd suggest they failed at marketing. (I bet Yahoo! did block it as part of a conspiracy though!)

4. Antony Riley
    FAIL

Fail

And then there's the whole part where they planned to do it on a Saturday. Financial districts are typically dead on Saturdays, even the fast food shops close.

5. TeeCee Gold badge
    WTF?

Conspiracy?

Journos think Charlie Sheen's latest stupidities are more newsworthy than a load of pathetic crusties shacked up in Wall St?

I have to say I agree and I don't give even one hair off a rat's arse what Charlie Sheen does....

"...mimicking the Arab spring occupations....."

Yeah, right. Going out to stand up to a load of uniformed goons with AK47s and itchy trigger fingers in 40+ degree heat, versus squatting in an air-conditioned office building liberally equipped with comfy chairs while some polite chap with a megaphone asks you nicely to leave. Stretching the use of the word "mimicking" a bit there aren't we?

6. Lamont Cranston
    Facepalm

"they began tweeting about being hungry"

Words fail me.

1. Tom 13

Why?

I would say it is rather more prototypical of how far ahead the sorts of people who do these sorts of things can think.

7. Tom 13

I'd say Yahoo!'s mistake

was unblocking the spam filter.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like