back to article Brit tech brings in-stream ads to Canadian TV webcast

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation is deploying VoD technology from UK-based YoSpace, enabling targeted adverts to be dropped into the stream like it's 1999. Adverts at the beginning and end of a video stream are old hat, and popping up a text overlay (a la YouTube) is positively primitive, so YoSpace creates a proper …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. All names Taken
    Paris Hilton

Bespoke ads (video ads in an ad break) coming to a downloader near you?

Fingers crossed they never, ever get to an iPhone :-]

2. Camilla Smythe

Hmmmmm

In this new internet appliance enabled world would it be possible to have a pre-ad-break marker that turns on the kettle for you so it is pre-boiled for when the adverts come on allowing for a leisurely tea-bag dunking session before returning to your chair?

3. Shaun Hunter
    Stop

As a Canadian who pays for the CBC

I would like to see them working on something forward looking like web video rather than flash. I don't like it when public money goes to proprietary technology. Espesically a dying one like flash.

I do really want the CBC to freely and openly (as in open source) brodcast at full quality on all mediums, ad supported rather than subscribtion based or both as TV has become.

However my biggest pet peeve about in-video adds is that they appear randomly rather than at proper commercial breaks so at least they're doing something about that.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

will the ads be in the same spot as they were on tv

If not, they might be in some hot water; don't use it all for your tea, Camilla.

OK, I just had a great idea. Insert the tags in the middle of a Coca-Cola commercial and run a commercial for Johnny Walker Black label.

Or a Ford ad in the middle of a GMC ad.

Or an ad for Bombay Gin in the middle of the stupid anti-D&D psa's.

The possiblities are endless.

5. Combat Wombat
    Mushroom

DO NOT WANT!

6. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Happy

'sOK I hardly ever watch any video content anyway.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like