back to article Game says sorry for site snafu

Retailer Game has publicly apologised for a foul-up that saw pre-order punters lose order details and, in some cases, even their accounts after the company's website was revamped late last week. Game's Facebook page is full of moans and groans from irate customers who say they have received games they ordered by then cancelled …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

Use Steam

You know, the service that Game has allegedly tried to shit all over...

That way, you don't have to use Game and its crap service and crap choice.

That is, if you're not a funny little console bunny

Good luck on the refunds!

1. KroSha

Even as a console user,

I won't use Game. There are other sites that do much better deals and have far, far better customer service.

2. PaulR79

Steam is ok most of the time

I tend to use Steam for most of my game purchases but I have seen a few times where Game have had a cheaper price for a boxed version and / or download version. If it's a difference of a few £ I would likely go with Steam but a few of the times I've gone with Game it's been about £5 - 10.

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Screw game

I have had them "lose" credit card details and silently fail to follow through with pre-orders a couple of times. I have also had them ship things out via couriers who dropped "sorry you were out" cards without delivering, who didn't offer specific redelivery dates, and told me I was not "allowed" to collect from the depot (Lynx, rot in hell).

Their online operation is even purer fail than their meatspace effort.

Most of my gaming therefore happens via Steam these days, which is cheaper, faster, less stressful- despite Game trying to bully and threaten publishers into "exclusives" blocking steam realase for ages, ultimately harming sales (Brink, anyone?).

So yeah, screw Game.

3. ColonelClaw
    Facepalm

Huh?

Why does this company still exist? It's like they wrote the book on how to piss off customers.

Use Steam.

4. Paul Shirley
    Big Brother

Games site was always broken

Ummmm, Game, the website that only worked properly if I turned off every security and privacy option in Firefox? Have to go see if 1: the site works properly now, 2: they still remember I have an account.

Or maybe I won't bother ;)

5. yoinkster
    WTF?

woe!

Received games that they had cancelled the order for and received more than one copy of games?

How awful! Must complain about that!

6. NomNomNom

n

I gave up on steam and game I just use minecraft now

7. HP Cynic

Game was great until 2 weeks ago

Almost always cheaper than Steam, usually the same as Amazon and other shops

Pre-Order exclusives without additional cost (alongside the overpriced "Collector's Editions").

1st Class Delivery posted to arrive on launch day or before.

Most times I want the physical product which of course they sold.

Loyalty scheme (I think it was about a 4% return where most schemes are 1%).

Did not cause me to get a series of warning letters from my ISP after the Steam Sale caused me to breach my download limit 2 months running :)

Then over 2 weeks ago the site went down and has been down since with the odd brief popup.

My account is locked and raised 4 tickets asking for an unlock (no response) and their phone line is "We are down for maintenance".

I worry that with all the business they mus have lost during this period they will go bankrupt...

I gave up on my latest orders and bought from ShopTo instead, but I hope Game returns.

8. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Oh dear

The reason for the mess was the revamped site was down for over a week thanks to a botched migration from their old platform to a new Websphere implementation. I hope the agency concerned is getting their SLA fed to them anally. On fire.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like