back to article Apple's iTunes Match music service goes beta

Apple's iTunes Match service – which, as its name implies, matches your music collection with tunes in Apple's iCloud – has gone beta to US developers. As reported by MacRumors and others, the announcement came in an email message to developers on Monday evening. To take advantage of the beta, devs will have to subscribe to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

Funny how times change

Funny how times change.

I remember a few years ago the music industry sued numerous companies which did EXACTLY this citing copyright infringement. At the time the music industry claimed that even though the exact same track was already on the server it was still necessary to upload the same track to a personal version otherwise they called it file sharing.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Funny how money changes things...

@AC: "the music industry sued numerous companies which did EXACTLY this"

Did these numerous companies negotiate an agreement with the music labels and fork over millions first, or did they just plough ahead on their own?

2. J 3
    Happy

Wow...

60 thousand dollars worth of music? Hm...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

All my music is already on the cloud...

It's called the pirate bay.

IT'S A JOKE, OK !

4. Confuciousmobil
    Unhappy

Mac only

Apart from being only available in the USA it is also nly available on Macs not Windows.

Chances of it reaching the UK are slim with our antiquated laws as we're not even allowed to rip our CDs....

1. Nick Pettefar

RIP

I believe you are now.

RIP

2. adam roberts

UK will get it

It's starting first in the US then moving to UK shortly after.

It's only on the mac during beta phase and will move to windows when iOS 5 is released.

See - http://www.apple.com/uk/icloud/features/

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like