back to article Op Weeting plods cuff 13th hack in phone-hack probe

The Metropolitan police have arrested another man as part of its ongoing investigation into alleged phone-hacking at axed Sunday tabloid News of the World. "On Thursday, 18 August, officers from Operation Weeting arrested a man [H], aged 38, on suspicion of conspiring to unlawfully intercept voicemails contrary to section 1(1 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John G Imrie

Not true.

This arrest brings the total number of people allegedly associated with the NotW phone-hacking scandal to 13.

It's a lie I tell you.

My mate James tells me it was all due to one rouge operator, and anything else you hear is a despicable lie aimed at stopping his dad from telling the proles who to vote for in the next election.

Don't believe anything the Metropolitan police tell you as they currently don't have a leader who Rupert can invite over for drinks and tell him what to think.

1. Chris007
      Trollface

"My mate James tells me it was all due to one rouge operator"

How red is he?

1. John G Imrie
        Happy

How red is he?

Very,

Especially on his face after getting caught.

2. dephormation.org.uk
    Holmes

So many hacks arrested for paying bribes to cops...

Why then so few cops arrested for accepting bribes from hacks?

I guess that's how it works when corrupt Met officers investigate corruption allegations against corrupt Met officers?

<- Holmes, because like the Met, he was also a leading character in fictional detective stories (though he didn't take bribes, or use bin bags for evidence, or collect air miles, or accept freebies at health resorts, or try to shag the force press officer, etc).

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Life on Mars???

"conspiring to unlawfully intercept voicemails contrary to section 1(1) Criminal Law Act 1977"

Erm, we had voicemails in 1977?

1. auburnman

Yes we did

You mentioned Life on Mars - surely you remember Sam Tyler fiddling with the tape recorder? The technology existed. However I think the Criminal Law Act was mentioned because it deals with the conspiracy element of the case (groups planning to break the law.)

This topic is closed for new posts.