back to article 'Evil' truckie charged with NBN provider attack

A 25 year old self-taught hacker has been arrested by federal police in Australia over 50 malicious attacks on Platform Networks, a trial service provider for NBN Co. The unemployed truck driver from regional NSW, known in hacking circles as the notorious ‘Evil’ or ‘Evil from eftel’, was in control of Platform Networks for six …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Michael Hoffmann Silver badge
    Thumb Down

"The Sydney Morning Herald reports..."

It would have been helpful to add that the SMH, like The Australian, are both Murdoch rags and virulently pro-Liberal/anti-NBN.

We're talking the kind of reporting where, if was overheard in passing that I only get 99.5Mbit/sec with my NBN connection instead of 100Mbit, it'd be front page headlines about "NBN not living up to speeds promised by Labor".

Cum grano salis!

1. cum grano salis

yessir

You got that right!

2. Goat Jam
      FAIL

Errmm

The SMH is owned by Fairfax.

The Telegraph is Ruperts rag.

3. Silent but Deadly
      Holmes

Not helpful.

SMH is a Fairfax paper. Not part of News limited at all. The Australian is part of News ltd.

Or is it your post that should be taken with a grain of salt?

4. Angus 2

The SMH is

owned by Fairfax Media. I suspect you are thinking of the Daily Telegraph and The Australian, both of which are owned by News Limited.

2. Il Midga di Macaroni
    Mushroom

Just toast his account, how hard can it be?

All this stuff with criminal charges is pointless. Just toast his account and quietly tip off any other ISPs about his activities, and BOOM, he's out of action.

The IT industry has its own justice, which is faster, simpler and WAY more effective than the court system.

3. Nextweek
    FAIL

Hacker school?

Err, aren't all hackers (these type of hackers) self taught?

There is no university of evil that you can apply for via UCAS.

4. Winkypop Silver badge
    FAIL

News limited axiom

Paper never refuses ink

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like