back to article Toshiba delays Android 3.0 tablet

Toshiba's second Android tablet, the follow-up to last year's Froyo-based Folio 100, has been pushed back. Announced in the US at the start of the year, the 10in Android 3.0 Honeycomb tablet was originally set to arrive in the UK during Q2. But Ken Chan, Toshiba UK's business laptops boss, today told Reg Hardware the tablet …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

2MP Front Facing Camera

Not 0.2MP!

2. JWS
    FAIL

Why?

Might aswell just scrap it and make a new one. Way outdated by end of summer and from the pic it looks huge and heavy!

3. David Lawrence
    Thumb Down

Yum! More jam tomorrow

....and when it comes it will be £500, the OS may be cripppled in one way or another, it may or may not support Flash, it may or may not work with Android Market, and you will be tied into some dreadful deal with a Mobile Infrastructure provider too.

The money I had saved up for that "iPad killer" android tablet is staying put for a while longer alas.

Why, quite soon, with the accumulated interest I will be able to afford an iPad anyway and I can give up on what is proving to be a pointless waste of time.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Not so sure about that ...

Been playing with my house mate's Xoom and it's got the Market, Flash and no mobile tie-in. Can't see why that wouldn't be the case with the tosh. Can't argue on the price point though. Also, by the time it comes out we should have had the Galaxy Tab 10.1 so if the tosh is coming at full tablet price but later it'll be a tough sell, especially once people start showing off Kal El tablets. Crying shame as I had high hopes for this bulky beast - while the Tab looks lovely, I just recoil at the thought of a single non-generic port.

4. RichyS
    Grenade

Beta

Maybe they're just waiting for Google to finish Honeycomb.

5. Anonymous Cowbard

Gamma

Maybe they're just waiting to see if anyone other than Apple can make money out of tablets?

6. Alex Wells

Lambda

Hmm I wonder if <a href="www.theregister.com">this</a> works

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like