back to article Take-Two talent call betrays Grand Theft Auto V

The scene is set and the inevitable is upon us. Yes, Grand Theft Auto V is in production and ready for an announcement soon, we think. Rockstar's parent company, Take-Two, is to hold auditions for actors to voice five very GTA-style characters in an as yet unannounced title. GTA 4 The five characters Take-Two has in mind …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Of course those characters reek of GTA

They're the same characters that've been in GTA since GTA3 on the PS2!

2. DrXym

Inevitable hype for GTA V

Rockstar are known for leaning heavily on news outlets and bloggers to ensure rave reviews and high scores. Read here to see how in this Gamasutra article:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/1542/pr_and_the_game_media_how_pr_.php?page=1

GTA IV was a good game but it had plenty of flaws and certainly not deserving of the hyperbolic and breathless coverage or reviews that it received.

Don't believe a thing that is said about GTA V either in the runup to it or immediately after because it is likely to be bought and paid for in one way or another. Perhaps the game is good but it doesn't hurt to find out from truthful reviews rather than those who have been incentivized to boost their scores.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

"A man-boy love activist who just got released from an Indonesian prison."

helloooooo, its good to be back

4. ratfox
    Go

And already, I feel like playing it

Is this great advertising or what?

5. Winkypop Silver badge
    Happy

GTA V eh?

I just bought GTA IV

It was in the bargain bin, a steal at $15.

I'll play V in a few years and let you know.....

6. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Lets hope

that the PS3 version isn't yet again held back due to the constraints of the Xbox's 10 year old storage setup....

7. Anonymous Coward
    Troll

Feeding time at the troll enclosure

From the list of characters looks to me like they are angling for some free publicity ... message to Daily Mail/Express/etc editor "hold the front page"

8. TeeCee Gold badge
    Joke

GTA?

"If conspiracy, paranoia, sex, violence and drugs isn't a recipe for a GTA follow-up......."

Either that or they're working on "El Reg comment forums - the game.":

"Fanboi or Beard? It's your choice as you attempt to discern the truth about Apple's attempt to destroy the world using the Large Hadron Collider, all the while trying not to fall foul of Godwin's Law. Laugh as the US Christian Right attempt to distract you with irrelevant posts about Jesus and guns. Sneer as the supercilious British pick holes in your spelling and grammar. Beware the wrath of the mysterious, leather-clad and whip toting Moderatrix...... Coming soon (49.99, R18 certificate, not available in Australia)."

9. The Fuzzy Wotnot
    Happy

Here we go again!

Another slice of death filled fanasy to keep 13 year olds happy and for "outraged Mum of Norwich" to complain in The Sun that "these games are not games but training for young hoodlums" choosing to ignore the fact that she bought it without checking the rating!

( No I am not implying that people who play GTA are mentally aged 13, just that 13 year olds seem to get siblings and dopey parents to buy or rent it for them, before you start having a pop at me!! )

10. whats the point of kenny lynch?
    Thumb Up

nearly finished methinks...

gta 4 was out in 2008 and it takes years to develop these games so gta 5 must be almost complete, ready for an xmas 2011 or summer 2012 release. they're not gonna leave it any longer.

11. Chris Seiter
    Coat

Recommendations

The male voices could all be done by either Tom Cruise or John Travolta at various stages throughout their lives.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hollywood and Liberals

California based GTA LA?

Possibly a re-imagining of San Andreas?

Would have thought that Vice City would have been the next destination. Possibly.

Can't wait! How far in the development would voice acting come in? Probably before the QA cycle, testing the lips and movement sync. But early stages of dev? Latter stages?

I'm assuming current gen consoles too

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Web Addresses

If they are registering web addresses to use in the game (like IV) then I doubt it will be set in Vice City.

13. NoneSuch Silver badge
    Jobs Horns

Well...

...no matter how good GTA5 is, if it comes on a Games for Windows platform they can kiss my money goodbye.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like