back to article Hamburg vice girls to be serviced by cable car

Hamburg city officials are mulling a proposal to build a cable car between the city's Wilhelmsburg district and the St Pauli "entertainment district", thereby handily linking the site of the International Garden Show (IGS) with the Reeperbahn's brothels. Artist's impression of the cable car over the Elbe. Pic: Doppelmayr/ …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

you've seen the gardens ...

now see the lady gardens

2. George Nacht
    Happy

Quite understandable, yet nearsighted

atempt to reduce a risk of heart attack due to strain to commute to the entertainment area.

Which will in long term lead to higher rate of heart attacks during the entertainment itself. Calculated risk, or "mission accomplished"?

3. b166er

Hmmm

let me see, 18 minutes you say?

4. JaitcH
    Alert

I hope they remember to build it high enough for ships to pass under unlike ...

a similar scheme in Nha Trang, central VietNam.

The developers kicked back millions of dollars and the planning department approved shorter, cheaper, support masts.

Now cruise ships can no longer use the channel below to sail into the harbour.

5. Robert E A Harvey

Oh?

Is there now a 500metre high club?

6. Anonymous John

Less than 500 days to go.

Too late to build one in London, I suppose.

7. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

serviced by cable car

As my father used to say, "service is what a bull gives a cow". Surely service by cable car must be painful and awkward.

8. Skydreamer
    Thumb Up

Also handy for the Hamburger Dom

St Pauli is also a handy stop to get to the Hamburger Dom funfair in Heiligengeistfeld which is well worth a look.

9. Kamal Hashmi

Other things to see in St Pauli

FC St Pauli! Well worth a visit. Even when they lose.

10. Paul Hates Handles

Also, metal bars

We used to hang out in the Reeperbahn after the Wacken Open Air festival - now thanks to the new transport we can see more Gardening than just the Uphill variety :0)

11. Graham Bartlett
    Gates Horns

"If the cable-car's rocking, don't come a-knocking"

Ahem.

(The icon? You're horny, and there's a bill involved...)

12. KieranB

An excellent idea

Now the Horticulturalists can plant their seed

13. Chaosechoz
    Heart

Taking a ride

hehehehe, I'd be the 1St to take a "ride" on one of those babies Or babes which ever "comes" first (normally me)...

A sound Idea ....

BUT - I wonder if they will ever bridge the gap between London and Amsterdam in the same way!!!! I know some wicked houses of horizontal refreshment over there. :D

This topic is closed for new posts.