back to article Teen cybercrime forum boss jailed

A UK teenager who ran a prolific cybercrime forum from home has been jailed for five years. Nick Webber, 19, maintained the Ghostmarket.net market which boasted 8,000 memberships and facilitated a range of crimes including the sale of stolen credit card and personal details. Police recovered the details of thousands of credit …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. There's a bee in my bot net

Genius...

'ran a prolific cybercrime forum from HOME'

Schoolboy error...

1. Jedit Silver badge
      Thumb Down

Well, what did you expect?

He IS a schoolboy.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

1. RayMan
        FAIL

Idiot

Webber/N2C was an idiot who thought he was untouchable. He hosted the website on Amazon hosting using carded accounts. He said and I quote "it can't be raided because it's in the cloud"

He was an arrogant buffon, his best friend also posted pictures of himself on the forum that clearly showed his face and a handful of fake credit cards.

2. JakeyC

Shakira, Shakira

# I won't deny, her scripts don't lie #

3. H 4

Giving people ideas

Probably best not to describe the M.O. of how to run a fraudulent forum in the comments section of the Register though, eh?

4. Sadako
    Grenade

Southsea

This must be the first time in modern history that something interesting has happened in Southsea...

5. Panix
    WTF?

Majorca

Is that like a big British vacation spot or something? From looking at where it is on the wikipedia article, it seems they could have made a better choice of where to flee to.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

World Wide Webber Nicked

I swear I was just looking for ghost meerkats, officer.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like