back to article eHarmony plays down data breach on dating advice site

Online dating site eHarmony is asking some of its users to change their passwords following the discovery of a security breach. A SQL injection vulnerability on a secondary site created a possible means for screen names, email addresses and hashed passwords to be extracted. eHarmony is in the process of advising a small …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

all dudes anyway

probably all dudes on there anyway.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Heart

Dodged a bullet (arrow?) there!

I tried to twice sign up to eHarmony, went through all their masses of questions and both times was told that because they didn't think they'd be able to match me with anyone, they refused to offer me their services!!

They wouldn't even let me sign up to the site so my details are safe at least!!

1. Mike Shepherd
      Heart

Your place or mine?

Who knows, AC. Maybe we're made for each other...

2. greggo

they don't have the honesty to say it but

...based on your answers you did not share their "core values". I.e. you were not sufficiently Xtian for them. Good for you.

3. Mike Shepherd
    Thumb Down

"We also protect our networks with...sophisticated security approaches"

Translation: we left the front door open, but you should see the expensive locks we had on it.

"Sophisticated security" usually means "so complex, even we can't be sure it works".

1. efeffess
      FAIL

Sophisticated code means...

...horribly developed and managed systems, typically due to some off-the-shelf fresh-outta-college programmers.

Spin it as you may, eHarmony, but if you've got bugs in one system, you've got bugs in others. I typically close my accounts permanently on compromised services and find alternatives. Trust is to be earned, not spent.

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

e-Harmony should release the drone

who told him that they use a load balancer tor security reasons.

5. hi_robb
    Heart

Hmm

Sounds like Eharmony are cupid stunts.

Dave

6. Anonymous Coward
    Heart

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

They lost your password,

So sucks to be you....

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

dating advice

If you want another cool dating advice site you can check out http://www.calloncupid.com which lets users rank eachothers advice, vote up stuff, and incorporates a really cool dating advice game into the user experience. Cool stuff.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like