back to article Facebook flick up for 8 Oscars, King's Speech for 12

David Fincher's flick The Social Network has gobbled up eight Oscar nominations for the 83rd Academy Awards. The movie, which loosely chronicles the early life of Facebook and its baby-faced founders, is in the best picture category alongside Black Swan, The Fighter, Inception, The Kids Are All Right, The King's Speech, 127 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Headmaster

Headfuck? really?

Did you run out of regular adjectives?

1. Just Thinking

You are right

I hate it when people use nouns as adjectives.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

A title...

I enjoy a good headfuck, I find it comforting.

2. Daniel B.

Mind Screw

That would be a better definition for Inception. Probably.

2. Scott Broukell

Roald Dahl ...

I've always loved Roald Dahl's books and I think The King's Peach ought to win it all ;-)

3. whats the point of kenny lynch?
    FAIL

was it just me?

or was the social network not that good - quite interesting for us geeks i suppose but for a mainstream audience? - a bloke sets up a website and has a bit of a tiff with some posh boys - and that's it.....

and justin timberlake just acts like himself in it...

4. Jemma
    FAIL

The names Sorkin...

... Aaron "I managed to make a total financial meltdown boring" Sorkin...

There is a reason why authors write books and journalists write 2000 word articles - and this berk is the walking talking advert for it... He even manages to make Dan Brown look talented...

As to the pompous little twerps who came up with a$$book, thy time will come... give it 15 years and at least one of them will be found dead, hanging by his nuts, wearing a gannex mac and suspenders... and re-runs of the Social Network will move across the face of AppleTV. To misquote Churchill "Never in the field of human gullibility, has so much been nicked from so many, by so few..."

The less said about the royal family the better - I have the horrible suspicion we're getting a good news wedding in April to skillfully (I use the word advisedly) disguise the fact that ole Tin Lizzie & Lord Percy are retiring - lumbering us with King Poof the 1st & the kings consort Lady Park'yer'bawls.

True its not the first time that we've had a rumpstuffer at Caer Paravel - but at least the others weren't so damned obvious about it...

1. whats the point of kenny lynch?

err jema...

what the fook did you have for lunch?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like