back to article Fujitsu hails first bio-mouse

This, apparently, is the world's greenest mouse. Fujitsu M440 The Fujitsu rodent, dubbed the M440, can be entirely recycled, the company claims, because it contains no plastic. It's also bio-degradable. The mouse's non-metallic parts are made from a mix of materials all created using biologically sourced renewable compounds …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. DRendar
    Stop

Info?

Optical? Laser? DPI? Buttons?

Come on!!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

So for recycling...

Are the recycling plant workers supposed to be able to spot this specific type of mouse and pull it out of the hundreds that go through?

Needs more thought into what happens at the end of it's life, not just what goes on during production.

1. horse of a different colour
      Happy

Recycling!?!

I fly tip anything that's 'recyclable'. Let nature sort it out.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Stop

Eco bells

This will probably be aimed more towards large corporate accounts as part of tech refresh programs. Thus kit is gathered and sent back for recycling to the supplier rather than tossed in the bin. So no bin fishing required.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

biodegradeable

does that mean it will start rotting due to the oils/bacteria/acids in your skin as you use the thing?

4. Ian Ferguson
    Thumb Up

It's a start

I'd be interesting in road-testing a few of these. I'll be particularly interested in the life span - taking in account that most mice in offices seem to be thrown away because they're grimy, rather than non-functioning, since the elimination of most moving parts.

1. Elmer Phud

do you mean . . .?

Like scraping crud off the little pads underneath to make the thing slide better?

In the old days it was just a case of whipping the balls out and pulling hair from the inside.

Nah, far, far easier to complain like hell until another mouse arrives so it can be plonked on top of the chocolate biscuit.

5. thomas k.

Nice but ...

Nice shape, judging from the snap, but hopefully it will come in something other than than easily-dirtied white.

6. Scott Broukell

Oh! come on people ....

... this is the future, recyclable materials need to be seen as a resource, this is the way to go, think of the children (I'm being serious) and lastly - "where there's muck there's brass" just think of that !

7. Anonymous Coward
    Headmaster

First Bio Mouse?

The first mouse made of biological materials? Surely those have been around for hundeds of thousands of years by now, haven't they?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Great idea...

...I'll throw away my current mouse and buy one of these.

No wait, erm.

9. Richard Jukes

Great idea

Fujitsu should be congratulated for going down this route, sure it wont make a big difference but it is a start.

10. Yag
    Joke

The new bio mouse!

with 10% real mouse bits in it...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like