back to article Keira Knightley, Jessica Biel eye Batman

Jessica Biel, Anne Hathaway and Keira Knightley are three of the star thesps in the frame to join Christian Bale in The Dark Knight Rises, the Hollywood Reporter, er, reports. Helmsman Christopher Nolan is looking to fill two meaty female roles in the next Batman outing, one of those being the daughter of villain Ra's Al Ghul …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

No contest

Keira please :o)

1. sT0rNG b4R3 duRiD
      Thumb Up

Anne Hathaway + Keira Knightley = ftw!

My God, with Anne and Kiera, this may be the first batman flick I watch.. (BTW Who is this Biel?)

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

BTW Who is this Biel?

Watch "I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry"... it'll soon be clear..

2. Alien Doctor 1.1

If...

it's a meaty role then Knightley is definately out of the frame.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A title is required

Any of them would be a vast improvement over Ms Gyllenhaal.

1. Bilgepipe

Improvement

And Ms Holmes. But then a packet of rich tea can out-act Ms Holmes...

Still don't like the title.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Meaty?

Thats Kiera bloody Knightley out then. Thankfully.

5. Matt 21

Hype

Isn't it more likely that the film makers are trying to drum up some interest by implying these people are "fighting" to get the role? It seems to me that the film makers are "fighting" to land a big name star for their film.

6. whats the point of kenny lynch?
    Pint

Knightley, Biel and Hathaway were in the bath...

sorry there's no joke - just a permanent image in my mind.....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

'Wears the soap?'

Sorry sorry...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Better yet

I would rather see the three of them as Charlies Angels.

8. TeeCee Gold badge
    FAIL

"Paramount's Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters."

Hark! Is that the sound of an unfeasibly large barnyard fowl gobbling I hear?

1. lglethal Silver badge
      FAIL

I was thinking the same thing...

Although in my head, it was more a long the lines of "You have got to be f&*ing kidding me!"

9. SlackerUK
    Coat

Knightley, Biel and Hathaway were in the bath...

... No wonder the Dark Knight Rises!

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Of the three names....

...Biel or Hathaway would be best for a meaty villianess part or even a love interest. Knightley I can't see being an evil doer, but you never know, she may have a mean streak we haven't seen yet.

11. Sampler

Two female leads

Does this mean a possible Harley Quinn? Or are they going go the obvious route with Catwoman?

1. DPWDC

blink and you'll miss it

Harley Quinn was in the 1st Batman reboot, played by "Mandy off Hollyoaks", only reference to the character was in the credits, and it really was a blink and you'll miss it moment, wasn't even dressed as a jester!

2. Ministry of Truth
      Thumb Up

Rumour has it....

That Ms Quinn will indeed be in the film (but alas not in the nurses uniform from Arkham Asylum I imagine) and played by an ex-Hollyoakes blonde...

1. Random Glitch

When people snap Dr's do it the best!

We can only hope if HQ is in the film she has half the depth and personality found in Arkham Asylum.

3. Tom 13

Given everything DC has done with Catwoman,

there are no longer any obvious routes for the character. It just depends how they want to play her.

I just hope they steer clear of the Batman and Robin problem of piling too many big names into the picture and thinking that will make it good. So far they've done okay with the franchise reboot and they need to stay on track.

12. sproot
    FAIL

Pics

Thread is useless without .............

13. Raggs
    Thumb Up

2 (or 3) brits please.

Seeing as Bale is British, and the batmobile was built in britain, I think they should continue the trend.

As for Keira in a more dirty fighting affair, have you seen Domino? After seeing that film she could quite nicely fit in for Al Ghouls daughter.

1. Chad H.

Continuing the trend....

Mrs Slocum from are you being served as the love interest? I guess catwoman could be the "baddie"...

2. Tom Clark
      Stop

Domino?

Indeed... seeing her in Domino is enough to suggest that she should never ever ever go near an action film again.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

i'm pretty sure my mum was rumoured to be getting a part

as it seems just about everybody else on the face of the planet has been connected with TDKR

15. Peter Clarke 1
    Unhappy

Beaten to the Punchline

by Alien Doctor and AC. Bah!

Bugs R Us - thought KK was OK in Domino

1. Alien Doctor 1.1

Sorry Peter,

but whenever I hear/see even the merest glimpse of Ms. Kinghtley I am reminded of the horrors of eating disorders and that then immediately colours my response.

I would also like to take this opportunity to apologise for my heinous spelling in my first post; I shall definately use definitely in the future.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Emo Vampires please!

nuff said.

17. I Like Heckling Silver badge

I'd rather see....

Kate Mara for one of the roles please... She's not that well known and is certainly a thousand times more capable than the likes of Holmes and Gyllenhaal... whilst looking a thousand times more attractive at the same time. :)

But let's face it.... TDKR (aside from sounding like a brand of recordable DVD) needs a supporting actor capable of equalling or coming close to the performance of Ledgers Joker.

I can't see any of the names mentioned being able to do that... and to be honest, I'd rather see Stoya in any role instead of Hathaway. :)

18. thomas k.
    Thumb Down

re: Paramount's Hansel and Grethel

That project only make sense if Uwe Bolle's name is somehow connected with it.

19. Andy Farley

I still haven't figured out...

why they had a manatee as the romantic interest last time.

20. Mikey 1

I could watch Keira Knightly;

though I'd be thinking of Scarlett Johansson.

Too busy with The Avengers.

Bugger.

21. Blubster
    Happy

The Dark Knight Rises

I think I would `rise` too surrounded by those three.

This topic is closed for new posts.