back to article Salesforce buys Dimdim, continues with Facebook-for-biz ploy

Cloud vendor Salesforce.com has bought messaging and screen-sharing outfit Dimdim for around $31m as it continues to out-Facebook Facebook for its biz customers. The company said yesterday it had acquired Dimdim – which was founded in 2007 and has offices based in Lowell, Massachusetts, and Hyderabad, India – in an effort to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Camilla Smythe
    FAIL

Exebubble

I am probably not the first to 'comment'.. but

"Facebook has fundamentally changed the way we communicate in our personal lives," said Benioff.

"The acquisition of Dimdim will help Salesforce.com deliver to the enterprise the same integrated collaboration and communication experience that made Facebook the world's most popular internet site."

Oh.. So now 'The Enterprise' wishes to pony up all its mission critical information at the flick of an 'upgrade' switch.

2. Joel Mansford

Screen-sharing SF support would be nice...

I doubt this is what they'll do with it but it'd be pretty neat if they built it in to their support function so that as a Salesforce Admin we could use in-built screensharing (and IM for that matter - chatter doesn't provide IM 'chat'!) to help our users.

1. BorkedAgain
      Coat

You can integrate GTalk...

...and there are a couple of other options in the App Exchange which might help, but yes, I was hoping something along those lines might be the result of this otherwise unexciting news.

It might help if anyone could tell me that Dimdim actually did, but their website just says "we just got bought by Salesforce"... ;)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021