back to article Atos Origin buys Siemens IT wing in €850m deal

French services giant Atos Origin is buying Siemens IT unit Solutions and Services (SIS), after signing an €850m deal with the German multinational. Under the agreement, Siemens will be a “sustainable shareholder” of Atos Origin for at least the next five years, with a 15 per cent stake, or 12.5 million shares, worth €414m. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

It will need a BIG DRINK to not hickup on this one

If there is a definition of terminal blandness and dryness that is probably Siemens IT.

I had the "honour" of having a look at what was supposedly an architect spec from them a few months back. It consisted of 90% administrative and compliance work, 9% people management and _UNDER_ 1% actual architecture.

So unless Atos has a secret stash of something to wash this dry material down I would expect some hickups ASAP here...

2. SantaFeWolfman
    Pirate

Good luck

Good luck, French people... you're gonna need it. SIS is another one in the looong list of basket cases to emerge from Siemens' monster factory. My only consolation is that Nokia's OPK is no longer the only poor sap suckered into actually paying money for those rotten bits (NSN). Good luck next year when Siemens decides it won't be a paying shareholder any more and you're left holding the bag...

3. Is it me?

@AC

You mean you have only just noticed that governance effort exceeds actual doing the job by a huge extent these days, admittedly that's a bit over the top, but then 80% governance isn't unusual.

I'd love someone to do a survey of how cost effective governance in IT actually is, but then we do have to have every bean counted, every requirement met, and to be able to prove we have delivered value for money, can't trust the professional.

Trust me I'm a professional, got the TOGAF certificate to prove it. Sorry what is an architecture.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like