back to article Americans whisk up 106 software jobs in Northern Ireland

A US software firm is creating 106 jobs in Northern Ireland. Market Resource Partners, based in Philadelphia, makes sales and marketing software to help companies judge the success - or failure - of marketing campaigns by analysing conversion rates. The company told the BBC the jobs would be high quality and would pay above …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JTM

From The BBC...

"The other real key was the support Invest Northern Ireland gave us...Without that support, we would not have been able to establish this presence here."

For that, read "We got a big fat grant to move our site here."

1. James O'Shea

Of course

"We got a big fat grant to move our site here." Why else would anyone go to Ulster? Or, for that matter, RoI?

1. Rob Crawford

Err let me think

apart from getting away from the 'but nobody outside the home counties can do anything' attitude that exists?

How about educated and capable people who actually earn their money?

Sadly the mention of money also does also introduce the fact that people in NI are paid less.

2. daka

And?

Like most other places then. Companies don't create 100 jobs without assistance these days, anywhere. I also think the fact the parent company is based in the same place helped...

2. steogede

Progress in the right direction

106 down, 599,894 to go (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10457352).

£850,000 / 106 * 600,000 = £4.8bn, i suppose that is reasonable value for money.

3. belfastrab
    Flame

Of Course -

Why would anyone else move to Ulster? How about the highly skilled and educated labour force, lower operating costs, and superb infrastructure. Clealy James you talk out of your rearend and have no idea about Northern Ireland or indeed the Rep of Ireland.

Let me think...several major IT companies in the South you might of heard of them being Google, Paypal, Dell (until recently) and Apple, but no James I am sure your slanted view on the island of Ireland is more insightful than some of the biggest names in the industry.

1. James O'Shea

Highly skilled?

Yep. They're highly skilled, alright. At drinking the pub dry. There's a reason why I left.

1. Rob Crawford

Yeah right

well do us a favour don't come back (if you where ever here in the first place)

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Not really software...

"Candidates should be recent university graduates with technology sales and marketing experience."

Not software jobs, then. A bit like saying that doing sales and marketing for a martial arts equipment company is like being a "ninja", in fact.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Candidates should be recent university graduates with technology sales and marketing experience.

and a proven track record in truthiness?

6. Alan Brown Silver badge
    Flame

Spam outfit sets up office in Ulster

A more accurate headline for the story.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like