back to article Castlevania: Lord of Shadows

The challenge to create an entirely new Castlevania game must have been a daunting one for developer Mercury Steam. Plucked from the relative obscurity of developing American McGee's Scrapland and Clive Barker's Jericho, the Spanish developer found itself dice-in-hand for Konami's big-budget gamble of rebooting its vampire- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Si 1
    Happy

Interesting

After the demo I was planning to write the game off as a rather lazy God of War clone (and I've already played GoW Collection, GoW3 and a bunch of other clones this year, so I'm a bit burned out on GoW). I might give Lords of Shadow a second chance if there's more to it in the later stages.

2. Peter Kay

Good value?!

Good value is forty quid for 15-20 hours in a game that sounds like it has its bright spots but is ultimately flawed and derivitive in many areas.

A pound or less per hour of (decent) gameplay is good value. Over two pounds an hour is not..

3. A 31

no more titles ...

sniff, I remember castlevania from my MSX and pcEngine days ...

played that demo on the ps3, v good ! but the god of war analogy is true, and like all the demos I download ... I feel I have played it already !!

Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake ....

4. Greg D
    FAIL

I remember a time

when games were original. why copy a previous game so blatantly and just reskin it? I'm assuming this developer also made the GoW games?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022