back to article HTC launches Ovi-ogling cloud service

HTC has launched its own cloud service, Sense, backing up data and helping to locate lost handsets as it tries to transition from a manufacturer to a service provider. The focus is on handset management. Recent HTC models registered with the service can be made to ring loudly (in case they're in one's other jacket) or post up …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. GrumpyJoe
    Big Brother

Wavesecure?

Shurely this is a lot of the functionality that Wavesecure provides (and I just bought a years' worth of).

The look on my face when, in the office, I 'try out' the 'Lock And Alarm' option - my phone locks up and starts SCREAMING at top volume!

And now I've rooted my Hero, it will survive a hard wipe AND is able to switch on GPS even if it is off. For (approx) 7GBP a year - I'll take my chances here thanks (unless I upgrade to the few phones supported there in future).

1. T-Unit
      Thumb Up

FREE

For once, us early adopters got an actual benefit! Lifetime membership of WaveSecure, free!

2. T-Unit
    WTF?

Why that name?

Are they TRYING to be confusing, given that Sense is also the name of the UI overlay they employ on many of their devices.

3. Gordon861

Limited Phones

According to the HTC Sense site it only works on a couple of their very new phones and not most of their range.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like