back to article Apple sprays Web2.0 aftershave on Ping

Apple has updated its fenced-off social network Ping service in iTunes, after users grumbled that it wasn’t accessible via the music player. "iTunes 10.0.1 makes it easier to share your favorite music with your friends on Ping," said Apple. “You can now Like or Post about music right from your iTunes library." Ping has so far …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

don't understand

so i installed ping and signed in and now have no idea what to do with the thing. what's it FOR? what does it DO? non of the artists i like are on there so I can't follow them and I don't want to just follow anyone, so that's that. about all I have been able to do with it is choose some tracks that I like to put on my profile that nobody will ever see.

anyway, i can't see what the hell it's for.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ping is just a massive fail

I've many thousands of legitimate mp3's ripped from CDs (which i still own) and it ignores all of them - so my Ping collection is a grand total of 3 songs, 2 of which I downloaded for a friend's wedding so aren't even my own taste. How many iTunes users are there for whom the majority of their music is purchased from iTunes?

3. Michael Habel
    FAIL

WTF?!

No really just WT(Bloody)F are Apple up to these day?

Why is it that I can still ~albeit~ foggily remember iTunes being One of the greatest Audio Media Player ever (ca. Version 4), before it got saddled with all this useless Crap like MobileMe and now this crap.

This outrage just might be enough for this oldfag with his 3Gen (the One with the 4 Red lit Buttons on it), the newfags will be like WTF? so heres a Pic. http://www.apple.com/r/store/gallery/ipod3/images/1.jpg

Nope no fancy Colour Screen here, but it did have Touch though :)

Seriously why do I have to have this Bloat just to continue to use my iTunes Account, when all I want to do is manage my iPod?

I'm thinking it's time to start looking for some other alternatives to iTunes.

Gee I'm tied for choice here Evil Steve or Fail.....

I'll take Fall!

This topic is closed for new posts.