back to article Australian cave tour guide offered in Klingon

An Australian cave system has become the world's first attraction to offer self-guided tours in Klingon. Launched at OzTrek3 in Sydney this past weekend, the tour takes visitors into deep space, sort of, in the language of those whose foreheads resemble the attraction itself. The Jenolan Caves are a National Park and tourist …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Daniel 1
    Joke

A good alternative, I suppose

Since Australians can no longer gain full access to the real Internet, I presume that sitting in a hole in the ground, talking in a made up language, is considered an adequate substitute.

Look, there's even a bearded bloke who collects patches!

2. Yannick
    Alien

What on Earth?

What's the Klingon for WTF???

1. Elmer Phud

Or . . .

Sad bastard - get a life!

3. Francis Boyle Silver badge

I see what you did there

You included a deliberate mistake just to smoke out the true fanbois.

Well, I won't play your game by pointing out Scotty wasn't the captain of the Jenolan. I'm a Doctor Who fan I tell ya.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

majQa'

buy' ngop

5. The old man from scene 24

In other news

Rescue team gives up search for wannabe trekkie tourist whose command of directions in Klingon turn out not to be as good as he thought.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

dang...

I thought this was about Nick Cave! ... moving on ...

7. Goat Jam
    FAIL

Strategy Boutique Overdose

Let me first start of by saying I love the Caves. Been visiting there since I was a lad and just this year I took my own son to see them. Great stuff.

But for chrissake, I don't know whether they have got some new management in or perhaps have been seeing strategy boutique consultants on the side but there have been some ridiculous decisions made lately.

Top of the list is their "rebranding". For years they have had an official emblem that included an image of their most famous formation on with the normal crest and mottos that you would expect.

Just last year, some jobsworth knobend decided that this should be changed to a donut. Yes, I said a FRICKIN DONUT.

You can see both the new (top left) and the old (bottom right) on their "contact us" page here;

http://www.jenolancaves.org.au/index.asp?pageID=79&menuItemID=734

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like