back to article Scotland Yard cuffs teens for role in cybercrime forum

Two teenagers have been arrested for their alleged involvement in the world's largest English-language cybercrime forum. The pair were detained by appointment in central London on Wednesday by the Police Central e-Crime Unit (PCeU), a national unit based at Scotland Yard. An eight-month investigation into the forum, which …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jelliphiish

results

appear just when they get cut.. surprise.

forget justice, it's always about getting paid.

/cynicism

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Lock them up

throw away the key & make them pay for a lengthy stay

It just might discourage others

1. Matthew Anderson

Good thinking batman...

We should do the same for drug offenders, speeding motorists and people who overfill their wheelie bin. Teach them the error of their ways and use them all to act as a deterrent to other unfortunate teens and potential young offenders by locking them down 24/7 there by ruining any chance they have of gainful employment or further education and forcing them back into a life of crime.

Appoint this man Lord Justice for his truly modern take on dealing with a modern crime.

1. Arclight
        WTF?

Your sarcasm is most amusing

.... and I shall counter it withmy own.

Why not close all prisons, there is no call at all for punishment of any crime. Hold their hand, make soft cooing noises and "There, there it'll be alright." Throw some cash at them and give them a free holiday.

I particularly like the way you equate people stealing credit card numbers with people who overfill wheelie bins.

Release the drug dealers NOW! They izz juz trying to earn a bit a cash innit.

1. Matthew Anderson

Good thinking batman...

@ Why not close all prisons, there is no call at all for punishment of any crime. Hold their hand, make soft cooing noises and "There, there it'll be alright." Throw some cash at them and give them a free holiday.

Hell yeah! You are onto something there. I'm with the free living movement, tree huggers and anarchists. Live and let live I say, now stick em up and gimmie all your cash biatch.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Paris Hilton

don't forget the fair trial part....

As the subject said.

3. Mike Hanna

Card numbers have been recovered?

Shouldn't that be discovered? That informaiton is still out there being used, isn't it?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

a

Recruit them. We could do with a few people in government that know what a computer is.

5. Juan Inamillion
    WTF?

Wait!

I thought Chip n' Pin was guaranteed to stop credit card fraud?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

chip and pin

Chip n Pin can never stop credit card fraud.

It may partially stop criminals from using your card in shops (unless they have your pin) but when using them online they don't need your pin number

Even the last 3 digits on the back of your card can't stop it. Some how they even manage to get hold of that.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

chip n pin is useless online

common ways of getting hold of "complete" card details (excluding the pin) is badly written e-commerce apps or deliberate copying of the data by an employee as it passes through.

as an example of bad app design I would give an example of a company who's systems I did some work on after their indian developers let them down. sat unencrypted in the database was every single credit or debit card they had handled online or through the call centre in over 5 years. the details held were complete in every way apart from the pin (Customers name & address, card number, name on card, start date, end date or issue number, and the 3 digit number off the back)

obviously my first task was to nuke that data with the exception of the last 4 digits of the number.

I won't name & shame the company involved other than to say they are a well known national company who are the largest of their type in the UK (if not europe) as they were unaware that the table existed (it wasnt documented anywhere) and as soon as they became aware they dealt with the issue.

I do wonder how many other systems were built by the same developers with the same callous attitude towards data protection

7. Winkypop Silver badge
    WTF?

They got bail?

The only type of bail these people deserve is the kind you do in a leaky boat.

Fill up an old hulk with them, bore some holes in the ship and set them all adrift on the north atlantic.

8. The_Police!
    Thumb Up

Well done

to the Police!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like