back to article Daleks poised to invade tour UK

Fans of Doctor Who will later this year be able to enjoy Doctor Who Live - the arena manifestation of the BBC hit which promises "the same excitement, adventure and suspense that viewers have come to expect from the TV programme". The blurb explains: "Opening in wartime London and concluding in an epic onstage battle, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ian Ferguson
    Troll

Great

I'm sure the under 14s will be most excited.

2. Eponymous Cowherd
    Unhappy

I suppose...

they will be the crappy new plasticy Lego Daleks rather than the original....

1. The Metal Cod

Not impressed

These new Daleks look like they should come from a Renault showroom.

1. stucs201
        Pint

not Renault

BMW. Very similar makeover for the daleks to what BMW did to the mini. Classic iconic design pointlessly reworked and made too big.

Or maybe they're Apple daleks. I thought the lineup of one of each colour looked like a launch photo for the iPod nano - look how many different colours there are.

Beer - something else where change isn't needed.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

pointless title

Matt Smith not appearing is definitely in the shows favour, so glad about that.

What we really need to know though: is Karen Gillan going to make an appearance?? If she does, I might just go along.

1. Cameron Colley

My thoughts almost exactly.

The only guest on Graham Norton who had me glued to the screen.

2. anarchic-teapot

re: pointless title

> Matt Smith not appearing is definitely in the shows favour,

If you don't want him, no worries, there's plenty of us out there who do.

1. Skydreamer
        Troll

Matt Smith is okay...

...but Tom Baker he ain't

1. Anonymous Coward
          Thumb Up

Re: Matt Smith is okay...

"...but Tom baker he ain't"

Nobody's ever going to beat Tom, but Matt imho completely inhabits the role in a way that none of the intervening actors have managed. Like Tom, his quirky performance can make even the dull stories very watchable. Great chemistry with K.Gillan too, evidently both on and off screen judging from the interview tapes they did recently.

Now we just need a change of composer. Some really nice acting from the leads was completely ruined by the over-the-top score in the recent vampire ep.

--

Dave

4. Sean Timarco Baggaley

Coming next year...

"Doctor Who... On Ice!"

5. Anonymous John
    Unhappy

What about the South East of England?

Wembley is nearest to me, but still nearly three hours away.

1. Daniel 1

Didn't anyone tell you?

By then, the Sontarans will have turned the whole of the South East of England into an empty radioactive wasteland, which - although devoid of all life - will look strangely appealing to those in the pottery and brick-making trades.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Down

You're lucky....

I live in East Anglia - fat chance of it ever coming my way - if it did, it would probably get stuck in a tractor rut on the A11 and, during the halt, would end up with chickens roosting in the new lego daleks....

3. Annihilator

Last time I checked

London was in the South East of England. Do keep up.

1. Anonymous John
        Pint

Keeping up.

I live on the Coast, some 90 minutes south of Victoria. Underground to cross London, then another train to Wembley. Not really practical to get back from an evening show.

Beer because most of the passengers on late night trains are probably pissed.

1. Wize

Its not much better in the north

Rare to get shows in Aberdeen

Even Billy Connelly played one date and he live up here

4. Linker3000
      Unhappy

Came here to say this

See title.

5. TseTT
      Joke

@anonymous John

Have you no time machine ???

6. Anonymous Coward
      Joke

Now you know what it feels like

For us great unwashed north of Watford Gap

inb4 except without the whippets

6. shadowphiar
    Thumb Up

Calling Mitch Benn

Doctor Who - the rollerbladin' Rock Opera!

1. Annihilator
      Happy

Not any more

He hates the new Daleks - as he calls them the "new, shower gel things" - I think he'd be dead against it now!

7. Adrian Esdaile
    Unhappy

Bugger Watford

Have pity on those of us who live in Earth's Own Arse - Australia!

1. Andi Blonde

Word.

Word.

8. Geoff Campbell Silver badge
    FAIL

My, what a load of whinging....

....anyone would think you aren't capable of controlling your own lives to the simple point of choosing where to live.

If you don't like where you are, move. Even amoeba manage that, and they are *way* dumber than humans. Mostly.

GJC

9. M7S
    Thumb Up

We need the favourite Dalek "add-on"

Katy Manning.

Relax, the problem you're thinking of would be sorted with a bit of time travel.

10. Eddie Edwards
    Thumb Up

I know I'm 38 but ...

... I just came

11. Lloyd
    Thumb Down

Oods? Really? Oods?

<pedantic rant>Surely if they are "The Ood" then the plural of Ood is Ood, is it not? They need to sort their press releases out.</pedantic rant>

12. A. Lloyd Flanagan
    Black Helicopters

Hey, I'm ready

All I've got to say is, if I see a Dalek, I'm hitting it with all the heavy artillery I can beg, buy, or steal. If it turns out to be a fake or a guy in a box, that's too damn bad. I'm not taking any chances.

This topic is closed for new posts.