back to article Kafkaesque cloud outage traps Microsoft Hotmailers

Microsoft has apologized for a cloud outage that saw its customer support services evaporate. The Windows Live Solutions Center was offline for several hours on Tuesday thanks to what Microsoft called a "temporary server issue" that "intermittently prevented some consumers from accessing content on the site." Which was a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Roger Barrett

I think I've had this problem for a few months.....

I access my Hotmail account using Live Mail and a couple of months ago I started getting a deltasync error whenever I used dial up to collect my mail, it seemed okay on my laptop if I had a fast enough connection. Just loaded up Live Mail now (on dial up) and it seems to work! I had contacted the Live Help Team and their solution was to get a faster connection, ahh if only.

Anyway, lets see if this is the fix that I have been waiting for.

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Microsoft, Cloud, Stability, Security....

hahahahhahahahha

Those who trust or believe them are jackasses. Downtime should be least of there worries.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

Cloudage

Well, what do you expect if you trust your services to something as nebulous as a cloud.

On a serious note, if it is important to you then run and administer it yourself. If you dont care about it, let the cloud deal with it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021