back to article Tories offer automated boring of friends and neighbours

The Tories launched a Facebook app this morning that allows supporters to harangue their friends and neighbours without having to think too hard or knock on people's doors. The Share for Change page, which can be found here, gives supporters four messages which they can "share" with their Facebook friends. The current four …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. PerfectBlue

Oh, the irony

Ironically, thanks to the current Labour government, people who use this app are almost entirely exempt from anti spamming legislation.

Good one Labour.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

British youngsters deciding to vote

geez just what we need millions of clueless teenagers who dont have a clue, voting liberal democrats cause they like the colour

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

...might be better than their "parents"

That's hardly any worse than the millions of clueless adults who vote for anyone who promises to give them what they want, when they want and not caring about the future. "Doesn't matter to me; I'll be dead in n years".

70% of MPs are 50+ - it would be nice to get more young people involved in shaping their own future.

3. blackworx
    Happy

Buckfast and Renault 5's

Showing your age there Joe

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Oh dear....

The more cretinous of our youthling society whom seem to regard facebook/twatter as the holy grail of everything will be flocking by the millions, voting whilst having no idea what they are voting for. The rest of us normal folks will hang our heads in shame, then get back to the real world with our real lives, safe in the knowledge we're all truely fucked!

1. Mike Flugennock

I can't speak for you folks over there...

...but, here in the Formerly Good Old USA, cretinous voting decisions know no age.

5. Adam Williamson 1
    FAIL

cornz 1:

Right, because the elder among us have just a _shining_ record of voting for only the most honest and upstanding of politicians (I know, I know), right?

6. Anon E Mus

@ac @cornz

As one of those cretinous clueless teenagers, can I just say that I'm not necessarily going to vote for yellow scum. Blue scum or green scum haven't completely eliminated themselves as options yet.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

But....

By reading/posting/debating here you appear not to be a cretinous yoof. Or are you just lulling me into a false sense of security???

7. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Seriously?

Cretinous, twatter, holy grail? You're a daily mail ready aren't you, how quaint... It is a medium which almost half of the country uses in some form or another, these social networks have almost as fear reaching an influence in ALL aspect of modern society as television does, not just the teenage population. Of course the parties will focus on it, they would be cretinous not to.

I hope the election commisions hosting provider is up to it though, I daren't even guess at how many millions of hits they'll have to handle tomorrow morning... bet it falls over

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Daily fail??

Dont insult me.

I'm an avid rodox reader.

8. Winkypop Silver badge
    FAIL

New election terminology?

Which Party will be 'unfriended' at the coming general election?

I'm glad to be on the way out....

9. Paul Hates Handles
    Stop

Fuck it...

...execute all the heads of each party.

Then have the Queen cherry-pick five people from each of the three parties to find people who might actually run the country rather than keep trying to bullshit their way up popularity contests.

Have everyone else in the parties and all other parties executed.

The remaining fifteen are to work together to make one party which will get 10 years to not be cunts. 20 if they're nice. After that, we can return to a voting system with multiple parties - it should give us enough time to have people educated into what the fuck the government is doing and what it should be allowed to do.

If we're lucky it won't be any worse than voting for what cunt we think is the least likely to be a lying fuckwit with no sense whatsoever.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Let everyone vote.....

BUT, add a simple multi-choice test (10-20 questions) onto each ballot, then multiple the vote cast by the score.

The questions should be limited to basic maths and English comprehension, with an absolute prohibition on anything about pop-culture, Big Brother, EastEnders, footballers wives, etc...

The result should be that the truly clueless of any age would be lucky to get one vote, but people with (at least partly) functioning brains could get lots!

You may have to get rid of the postal vote, and have more booths for the slower citizens, although the idea of having a test would probably stop many of the Sun/Mail readers even turning up.

The real benefit would be that politicians would have to attract the “Multi-Voters” and therefore talk sense and deal with real issues and would no longer have to pander to the lowest common denominator in society.

This topic is closed for new posts.