back to article Sony ships Freeview HD Bravia TVs

Sony's first tellies capable to tuning into Freeview HD will go on sale this weekend, the consumer electronics giant said today. Sony Bravia HX703 Sony's Bravia HX703: designed for movie lovers - and 2001: A Space Odyssey fans in particular The line-up comprises seven types of Bravia-branded TV, each available in a number …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. pammie
    Happy

I want!

I wonder if I can "damage" my existing TV so it gives me an excuse to buy one of these?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Expensive

So how much will be the Freeview HD settop boxes which can be used with the current crop of HD "ready" Tvs?

Surely a cheaper options , methnks.

3. Dan Price
    WTF?

Budget? Really?

"Buyers on a budget are being steered toward the 32in and 40in EX703 (£900-1100)"

Really? I'd say £900 is pretty significant as far as "budget" goes...

4. Stephane Mabille

No 3D

Hi,

The NX703 is NOT 3D ready, only the HX903 are 3D Ready and the LX903 are Full 3D.

5. Jon G

Its the content, stoopid

Oh, for the days when all that you worried about when buying a telly was the screen size - and whether your new video recorder did Long Play or not....

Am I the only one in thinking that there are too many "standards" these days ? What with 720p, 1080i, Hi Def, 3D etc etc.....at the end of the day Ant & Dec are still as irritating no matter how high the definition is.

6. andrew mulcock
    FAIL

DLNA , laugh

And I bet the DLNA is only compatable with the Sony version of DLNA, like the earlier sets.

And DLNA over WI-FI. What are they using so as to get HD TV over wi-fi reliably ?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like