back to article Lenovo intros ThinkPad X201 series

Lenovo has introduced what it claims is not only the thinnest and lightest ThinkPad yet, but also the fastest ultraportable around. The X201 is a 12.1in model and packs in a "normal Volt" Core i7 processor, the 2.66GHz i7-620M, Lenovo said. You can also opt for a Core i5 CPU, if you want a cheaper option. Lenovo X201s CULV- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Phil 57
    Gates Horns

Beauty

I have the x301 and it is awesome. Solid and reliable, works great with linux. A shame that Lenovo is slave to the Micro$oft tax though..

2. John Latham

Weird specs

The 201 has the best battery life but also the fastest CPU. So I want that. But it also has the low resolution screen.

The 201s is lighter with a puny CPU but the battery is so small that the battery life is the worst. But it has a 1440x900 screen.

The tablet version will be purchased by nobody.

Can't they just make one with a fast CPU, big battery and hi-res screen, and give it the biggest number so we can tell which one it is?

I assume they all have integrated 3G, but this isn't mentioned.

1. James Henstridge

battery

The X201s has a lower battery life because it comes with the smaller battery by default. If you switch to the same battery as the X201, the battery life should be a bit longer while still being slightly lighter (the weight difference will be a lot smaller though).

3. Intractable Potsherd
    Thumb Up

I love the Thinkpad X series

I've had two X-series notebooks now - X24 and my current X40 - both second-hand, but absolutely brilliant machines. Thin, light, and with a proper keyboard. Also, no stupid mousepad to get in the way. I can't wait until these new ones find their way onto the second-hand market!!

4. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse
    Stop

Lenovo?

I thought that they had gone to the wall a while ago. Just wishful thinking on my part I guess.

5. h 6
    FAIL

Damn.

Damn that's ugly.

And that stupid red dot thing, too.

1. John Sanders
      Thumb Down

Sir,

Your comment comes from someone who sees the laptop as a fashion Icon and not as a reliable tool.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Hmmm ...

I love playing with the red Centrally Located Interface Tool, I wish I had one.

6. Russ Tarbox
    FAIL

They look so old fashioned.

Pretty much identical to when IBM were churning them out 10-odd years ago.

7. James Anderson
    Happy

Apple fanboys eat your hearts out.

The Lenovo X series has been the best available portable for some time now lightweight, low power consumption and real processing power. Its comparable with a high end desk top for most tasks and runs cpu-eaters like eclipse with no problems at all.

The apple thin thing may look kooler if you prefer white to black and they are marginally thinner but they are s l o w.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Tablet may be the most desirable for some

With the inclusion of the Wacom'ed screen it'll probablt the most expensive, but for sketching as well as real work on the go (be it on Alias Sketchbook Pro, Artrage or Zbrush) it's hard to beat.

It's a boxy black Thinkpad, yet the best for some art!

9. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Yuk

Ditto about the red rot thing. The blue Enter key looks Fisher Price, too. Anyone who disagrees should be shot with a shovel

10. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Fast and expensive. Commencing to covet.

The tablet is described as "capacitive multitouch" which I think means no stylus-only mode(?) but I desire it. It should also run speech recognition at almost bearable speed. Due to disability I currently do input on a touchscreen with the "Fitaly" program.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like