back to article AT&T lets 3G Sling TV onto iPhone

AT&T has reversed an earlier stand, allowing Sling Media's player for the iPhone touch to stream live or recorded television over 3G. As we reported last spring, AT&T originally restricted SlingPlayer Mobile to Wi-Fi connections - even though it allowed 3G streaming rights for Major League Baseball's MLB.com At Bat app. At …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mark Jonson
    FAIL

What a joke...

I can't believe this is news. The so-called "optimized" and "bandwidth-conservative" version of SlingPlayer will just artificially throttle the bandwidth down to some nearly-unusable level to satisfy AT&T. The ironic thing is that those of us in the US who weren't stupid enough to buy an iPhone have been able to stream from a Slingbox using Blackberry and Windows Mobile devices at full bandwidth over 3G for years. And that includes those of us, like myself, using AT&T's 3G network.

2. Alan W. Rateliff, II
    Paris Hilton

Where streaming does not work...

Here in the Jacksonville/Atlanta market I cannot stream on my phone. Orb, GooTube, nothing. Go to Little Rock, no problem at all. AT&T does not seem to know why -- of course they blame my unlocked phone -- and does not seem to be interested in figuring it out.

Paris, blame her.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022