back to article Oracle power couple take Manhattan by billboard

A bizarre series of billboards have appeared in Manhattan, featuring the grinning mugs of Oracle president Charles Phillips and partner YaVaughnie Wilkins. The posters feature a touchingly romantic message - from "c.e.p," aka Phillips - complete with an incredibly long URL that invites passing New Yorkers to visit an online …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Richard 39

may I be the first to say...

WTF is up with that chin!!

2. lukewarmdog
    Coat

Sorry

Skeptics feel Phillips could be apologizing for something big

- Maybe he promised her the moon 8 years ago and now he's trying to buy her off with Sun

1. Serenity
      Thumb Up

Re: Sorry

You just made my day, thankfully I finished my last cup of coffee so no new keyboards required.

3. lglethal Silver badge
    Joke

subtle art of self-promotion...

hahahaha you owe me a new keyboard El Reg...

I hate to think what non-subtle would look like...

4. Daedalus Silver badge
    Grenade

Update needed

Turns out Phillips had an affair with Wilkins and this was an attempt to embarrass him, perpetrated by her and a third party. Surprisingly he admitted it rather than telling journalists to stuff it. Maybe he'd prefer to stuff a journalist at a later date.

See http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/22/oracle-president-admits-affair-after-billboards-appear/?ref=technology

5. EJ

Make the check out to "Eldrick T Woods"

After Tiger's details, this all seems like wholesome activities. Phillips should send him a thank you gift.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021