back to article Sony Ericsson Android phone caught on camera

Watch in HD at Reg Hardware's YouTube channel Can't see the video? Download FlashPlayer from Adobe.com Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Shane McCarrick

Personally I'd be happy if they just fixed the XPeria X1.

Personally I'd be happy if they just fixed the XPeria X1.

How long is it going to take them to roll out a patch from WM 6.1 to 6.5?

I like Sony Ericsson, their hardware is remarkable- their software and their implementations of it are sadly deficient though.........

2. Lewis Page.
    FAIL

Sloooooooooooow

It stutters for a swipe action! Fail

3. M 6
    Unhappy

Hmm..

looks a bit laggy if you ask me...so much for the 1Ghz processor.

4. LawLessLessLaw
    Boffin

That looks great

The Nexus is really kicking the other handset people up the backside.

Loving it

http://designbygravity.wordpress.com/2010/01/12/why-did-google-build-a-phone-and-a-browser/

5. Ian Yates

Interesting

Nice adaptation of the XMB, but is the added bling really going to improve usability? For me, the number of steps required to compose a SMS or start a phone call for a contact is more important than how pretty the transitions are as I scroll through.

Android 2.1 seems to be heading rapidly in the right direction for this, compared to 1.6.

Interface looks a little sluggish, too.

6. Kenny Millar

You too can have...

.... stuttering, under powered graphics.

7. Craig Mulvaney
    FAIL

Could be the HTC Hero....

as that lags too....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Grenade

ODFO

No it doesn't. Get back under your bridge iTroll.

1. Jacqui Smith's DVD Collection!
        Thumb Up

HTC Hero

My HTC Hero is fine, the update in September fixed the slight lag it had for the first few weeks, even that wasn't a problem considering what the phone can do compared to other smartphones.

Android 2.1 will be available for the Hero soon, I'm looking forward to Google maps with speech.

2. Craig Mulvaney
        FAIL

ODFO right back

I have one....it does.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Paris Hilton

Re: ODFO right back

I have one too... and it DOESN'T.

Update your firmware.

1. Craig Mulvaney
            FAIL

odfo again

I have updated the firmware and its still crappy.

8. Jerome 0
    Unhappy

Nice hardware

Such a shame, it's a beautiful looking piece of hardware. How on earth did they manage to drag down a 1GHz processor so badly that the interface could grind along that slowly?

9. Paul Shirley
    FAIL

stuttering

Its the garbage collector and the 'let the OS decide if you're app gets unloaded' architecture. Designed in non-deterministic behaviour which guarantees no matter how fast the CPU is it will always get stalled unpredictably. My G1 often takes 1/3 sec for garbage collection, affecting every running thread to varying degrees.

Android's core design is unsuited to real time performance. Much better at limping along on inadequate resources than running smoothly.

10. Rich 30
    FAIL

slow...

Looked lovely, as with all Sony Ericsson software, its just sooo slow, and I'm fairly sure its all down to sloppy coding,

11. shooi
    Thumb Down

...after all this time...

Had my X1 for over a year now, and after 3 updates, they still haven't solved the stuttering when the panels rotate - looks like they're starting the X10 where they left off with the X1. Wonder if they'll manage to fix it with this one.

@Shane McCarrick - X1 will never get WinMo 6.5:

http://xperiancers.com/2009/09/10/x1-upgrade-not-in-the-roadmap/

(but the guys at xda-developers.com have cooked up some 6.5 roms if you really must have it)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like