back to article UK mobile operators call for UK competition regulation

UK mobile operators, with the exception of T-Mobile and Orange, have called for the UK authorities to investigate the creation of T-Orange rather than trusting Brussels. T-Mobile and Orange were hoping an EU-level investigation could wave the merger through smoothly, but everyone else wants to see as much investigation as …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Richard 81

T-Orange?

Is it really going to be called T-Orange? Or, as I'm living in Yorkshire, t'Orange.

1. TeeCee Gold badge
      Joke

Surely not.

I'll bet that it'll be called something pronouncable that looks like someone's pulled a set of random letters out of the scrabble bag, after chucking in four extra sets' worth of Qs, Us, Xs and Zs.

It'll also have a logo. Probably something that looks like an artist's impression of vomit going down a plughole rendered in pastels. We will be reliably informed that this actually invokes a sense of "synergy and communication" or somesuch and not the aftertaste of five pints of Kingfisher and a dodgy prawn vindaloo as everyone thinks it does.

Hmm, is that sandalwood or patchouli I smell and could you turn the sodding whales down please?

2. JeeBee
      Paris Hilton

O-robile

No, it's going to be called T-Mange.

Paris because, well, Mange.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Go

title

I agree that the spectrum is an issue that needs to be looked at, however, this IMO is the only area of concern - any other objections to the merger are themselves anti-competative actions on the part of the other operators.

I do, however, also believe that a merged T-Mobile & Orange should be required to improve coverage rather than squeezing every penny out of the consolidation exercise.

3. Neil 57

Green eyed Monsters

Its just the other networks being jelous. They all had the chance to go into bed with Orange.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

T-Orange?

No it's not going to be called T-Orange thats just a daft name.

Instead its the first three from Orange and from T-Mobile its the last four,

Thus creating an ORABILE Network !!!!

5. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Stop

when in doubt

Follow the money.

If you wonder why something so bad continues to exist for *so* long.

Follow the money.

That is all.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

T-Orange

No it'll just be called Orange

7. PaulK
    Pint

It will of course be...

TANGO

8. Christopher W
    Paris Hilton

T-mOrange?

Say it how it looks

or Orange T... Which I'm told tastes horrible.

It'll all just become first Orange, then eventually Wanadoo as the deal is finally closed - because those Frogs will go to almost any lengths to piss us off (PS I love France xx)

Paris, because... Well, France.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like