back to article BA.com titsup

British Airways has lost its website and doesn't know when its coming back. The site crashed offline at about 6am UK time and technical staff are still working out what the problem is, according to a spokesman. The airline apologised to customers and suggested they hit the phone and use the call centre (0844 493 0 787) rather …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Unacceptable

Javascript must be enabled in the browser to see the message about the site difficulties - deliberate policy, or a failure by the webmasters ?

2. James Broomfield
    Megaphone

Website down at 6am? My Arse

I was trying to log onto their website just after midnight and it was tits up then. Whoever made this 6am claim sucks balls.

3. Your alien overlord - fear me
    FAIL

Also on their homepage

"Fog is also causing flight disruption" as if that matters when I can't check-in online.

4. iwi

it's working fine

as subject

5. Dave 64 Silver badge
    FAIL

makes a change...

...from losing my luggage

6. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

I just found out...

...that there was an error in some code I signed off... oops!

7. Steve Murphy
    FAIL

Fog?

Love their headline : "ba.com instability and flight disruption due to fog"

8. Dayjo
    FAIL

It's probably...

lost somewhere in Terminal 5.

9. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    FAIL

Windows 7 incompatability again?

Surely they don't use the same web designers as ParcelForce.

V. poorr behaviour given the upcoming Christmas rush.

10. Zeus

Downtime disruption is plane to see

Downtime, no matter how long it lasts for, is hugely disruptive to new and existing customers, yet is something that can easily be avoided through the deployment of traffic management software. The software is much more cost-effective than hardware and as such can be deployed in a matter of hours, helping organisations manage peaks in web traffic and ensure online services are always up and running. Consumers today have high demands and won’t settle for anything other than first class service online, so addressing the issue of downtime must become a top priority.

Graham Moore, Zeus Technology

1. Anonymous Coward
      WTF?

Unreadable!

"Graham Moore, Zeus Technology"

Yes, I had a feeling you wrote brochures.

Do you talk like that too?

11. JaitcH
    Thumb Down

BA.com tits up?

So are air operations. Never use them now as they could care less about passengers and they are minimally responsive when searching for lost baggage.

Bankruptcy would be a good alternative.

12. PaulK
    Unhappy

That explains why...

...I could not check-in on-line and get a decent seat for my flight to LA. BA check-in at Ringpiece was overloaded due the knock-on effects of the fog cancellations my arse feels like I was sitting on a rock for 11 hours and it's raining in LA. Bah humbug.

13. This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.