back to article HDS wants to be the Toyota of storage

Hitachi has claimed that it is number one in storage virtualisation and has voiced its intent to be the leading shogun in the storage world. That was the view expressed by Michael Vath, HDS' SVP and EMEA general manager, at the announcement in Milan on December 2 of the strengthened Acer-Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) partnership …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

He is kidding

With the current position of the pound against the Yen crashing from 250 to 120 and still hovering around the 140 mark, I doubt they will achieve dominanance in the UK market any time soon. If I can't afford new camera parts at these prices, I'm sure our organisation can't afford something like this!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

HP's roadmap?

I wonder if they're including the USPs sold by Sun, or those OEM'd by HP? For that matter I'd have thought it's not a given that HP or Sun would continue with the USP for the next 20 years. I'm not sure the Toyota comparison works well either. A USP might weigh similar to an Aygo but I can't see much more of a similiarity.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

More Hitachi Math

Well, we all know that Hitachi has invented their own kind of math.

They have prove this over and over again.

This is yet another example of Hitachi being on a different planet and using their own fake math to prove a lame marketing point.

4. Chris Mellor 1

HDS view on virtualising controller count

"We (HDS) claim that at least 50 per cent of our USP's are doing virtualisation, which would be 6,500. This means that we are the leader. We have no idea where IBM got their 10 per cent from and this is absolutely incorrect."

Thanks HDS,

Chris.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Toyota? Shogun?

What an unfortunate use of titles and names. If he wants to be the Toyota of storage he hardly wants to use a Mitsubishi Shogun as a model.

I suppose this doesn't matter much as all the names of vehicles are different in Japan anyway and yes I know he meant shogun in the "commander of the forces" sense of the word. Well, I was vaguely amused for the first 5 seconds anyway...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like